Quest bug -- the Phantom of Eldberg not starting.

+
Hello! I was told that moderators can create posts for those who just joined the forum if one posted here. So I am having trouble with a quest not starting in The Witcher 3

The phantom of Eldberg contract does not start for me. I completed The King is dead and Lugos told me about the lighthouse, however the quest is not in my journal. Also the contract is not in the notice board in Arinbjorn, Jorund is not in the tavern and nothing happens at the lighthouse . Is a workaround for this, or a way to activate it via console commands?

Thanks in advance!

Post moved.

(Please, indicate your platform, system specs, etc. when seeking help with technical issues.)

As always, first consideration:

1.) Are you using any mods, or have you ever used any in the past?

Sorry, I forgot to clarify that I am on PC. And yes, I am using a few mods. I understand they may have caused the glicht. That is why I am mainly looking for a way to activate it via console commands. I've read other users were able to activate certain quests with that method, but I haven't found anything useful regarding this particular quest.

By the way, thanks for moving my post!

No problem!

We'll teleport one more time to Modding Discussions. Posting a list of the mods you're presently using might be a good idea, as well. Someone may recognize the issue.

I created an account to share this from another forum:
Actually, i know how to fix this. Normally, the quest started either after you interact with the contract at Arinbjorn or after talking with Lugos during the feast at Kaer Trolde. In my case, the quest didn't start. What i did to trigger the quest was returned back to Kaer Trolde, walked straight to the dining hall AFTER the "The King is Dead, Long Live the King" quest. The quest log will appear.
This worked for me

There is one more bug on that quest, in PS4. After defeating the ghost and Mikkjal lightened the Lighthouse the game doesn't continue. I walk on the field in front of the Lighthouse and the fighting music is activated but no opponent appears in the scene.

Last edited:
Top Bottom