Quest bugged: With a little help from my friends - likely due to a previous quest

+
There's a quest in the Badlands where you have to retrieve a car from a minefield. When you do so Johnny says some stuff. A certain line of dialog from this quest is stuck on the screen permanently. It even shows up on top of other dialog going on. When I load my game, the first thing that happens is Johnny says this line of dialog even though it's been a while since I did the quest. It persists after closing the game. If I leave the area because I can't complete the quest, it fails so I'm kind of stuck.

I don't know if it's related, but at a certain point in the quest With A Little Help From My Friends, I tell Panam I'm going to go sleep, and then I'm just stuck.

Here are screenshots of the dialog in question, and how it looks when actual dialog is happening:

2020-12-19 14_09_58-Cyberpunk 2077 (C) 2020 by CD Projekt RED.png

2020-12-19 14_12_42-Cyberpunk 2077 (C) 2020 by CD Projekt RED.png

Last edited:
Hello,

Had the exact same issue.

I finally managed to get rid of it by returning into the mine field where the car was.

Hello,

Had the exact same issue.

I finally managed to get rid of it by returning into the mine field where the car was.

I came on this (link) thread looking for something else. It solved the issue with the persistent dialog, but the quest I originally posted about is still bugged preventing me from progressing on it. Guess I'll just fail it, and wait for it to be fixed and pursue other quests in the meantime.

Different quest, same story, problem is I have no freakin' idea where the dialog triggered, so it just made me quit the game entirely. Anybody knows how to kill the freakin' thing?

Other lines by Johnny don't cancel it, and even reloading the saves restart the voice lines, without going anywhere.

Edit: found the solution on gamespot, fast traveling to Clarendon St. (Southwest Watson) fixed it. Still feels unreal.

Attachments

• photo_2021-01-27_22-42-32.jpg
    photo_2021-01-27_22-42-32.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Top Bottom