Quest bugs

+
Quest bugs

The cave of dreams

I completed this quest successfully, but it changed from "completed" to "failed" after doing the main story in Kaer Trolde. All objectives are checked.

Novigrad, closed city

I completed this quest successfully, but it changed from "completed" to "failed" -- I think after installing patch 1.05. All objectives are checked.

The Bastion

When the quest is completed and you keep walking around in certain parts of the area, it will start again with the first step "investigate the area with the magic lamp".

Abandoned Sites

White Orchard: Abandoned site in the south is bugged:
http://witcher3map.com/w/#4/-78.90/-31.25/m=-77.786,-48.604

Velen: This abandoned site is also bugged:
http://witcher3map.com/v/#4/-62.25/-105.42/m=-69.810,-142.910

Hard Times
* Deliver the letter to the smith at Kaer Trolde

I can't deliver the letter, because the NPC doesn't talk to me.

The guy has weird work times, but when you talk to him at 10:00 you can complete the quest.

Brothers in arms: Velen

The quest failed right away, before I ever talked to Keira Metz. Not sure if this is intended, but the quest text suggests that I talked to her, which I didn't. In her earlier quest line I helped her with the isle quest, then let her escape.

Last edited:
Hard Times

As for the first one - I had the same. I meditated to sometime after 10:00 and then he was speaking to me. Have you tried this?

I have the same issue with novigrad, closed city, it's my only failed quest and kind of annoys me since I don't have a save I can revert back to in order to un fail it, I play on ps4 and it only changed to failed after patch was completed before that

Well Borthers in Arms Velen failed 'cause you already talked to Keira and you didn't asked her to come to Kaer Morhen, there is nothing wrong with that.

I had same problem with the cave of dreams quest.

---------- Updated at 03:13 AM ----------

I had problems with the "Message From an Old Friend" quest as well. The bookstore owner in hierarch square would not appear in the shop even after meditating and reloading saves.

I can't complete Family Matters on PS4.

Current quest prompt is to talk to the baron about what I've found but he keeps sitting in his chair on the top floor of Crow's Perch and just mumbles uh-huh over and over.

Have since done Ladies of the Woods and The Whispering Hillock as well as the side missions for Western Velen (Crow's Perch, Midcopse, Blackbough and so on) but I still can't advance the quest.

I don't wanna go to Skellige or Novigrad before advancing this quest :(

Last edited:
10:00 works, thanks! Anyway, should be able to talk to him at all times when this quest is active.

Yep, smith has helluva weird work times, and there seems to be yet another bug with him: Once you complete his quest, you cannot trade with him anymore. Everytime "talk" option is available, he just keeps mourning about his loss.

Glad I found this post. The closed city bug is annoying me so badly. Is there any word about a future fix for it or anything ? I also see to have a bug with some wandering merchants not showing their wares. The dialogue between Geralt and the Merchant is fine but it just flips back to "show me what you got" or the like. Humph.

I'm now on my second playthrough where I killed all monsters and the shrine isn't greyed out. Others have reported the same.

question is did you kill all FOUR ghouls? 'Cause if there were only three you need to reload the save and try again.

The abandoned site in White Orchard is also bugged for me (the fourth ghoul probably didn't spawn). On top of that I can't finish the DLC quest Skellige's Most Wanted (Werewolf doesn't die/the cutscene doesn't appear after beating him).

And one more thing: I finished the Nobleman's Statuette before Now or Never and afterwards I found the Soldier Statuette. The game pretended that I could finish the Soldier Statuette in Act 3 after a certain quest involving Triss (she would then be in Dandelion's place), but as soon as I try to finish it, Triss only takes me to the shed and then nothing happens. I suppose the Soldier is to spawn and you have a dialogue with him. But nothing happens. And Triss stands just there and doesn't do anything either. The quest indicator is also gone, but it's still open and not finished.

I want to finish the game, but will not with open quests left. I don't feel comfortable. I want it all finished!
:yawn:

Hard Times

The guy has weird work times, but when you talk to him at 10:00 you can complete the quest.

Unfortunately, this doesn't work for me. Whatever I do, I can't give him the letter.

My questlog is slowly but surely filling up with bugged quests... I hoped they would have fixed the bugged quests by now, but it seems the free DLCs were more important.

The White Orchard ghuls, yea there is 3 of them, when you kill them all you ahve to go away abit and meditate and the last ghul will show up.
There are some places that work like that, when I found a monster nest with drowners i had to kill them all and after I did it, the "boss" showed up with a higher level, after I killed him i got 70 exp (and before 20 exp for destroying the nest)

Top Bottom