"Quest gameplay" on GameSpot!

+
"Quest gameplay" on GameSpot!

A new 10-minute-long gameplay video is now done, and you'll be able to watch it at GameSpot in the next few days. We know a lot of you are really looking forward to it, so we wanted to give you a little teaser.Today we present a short [ftp=ftp://ftp.thewitcher.com/eng/thewitcher/video/thewitcher_en_video_quest_gameplay_selection_mov.zip]excerpt [/ftp]of the video, where you can see how a face-to-face discussion between two tough guys looks in the world of The Witcher. This is between Geralt and nasty-looking thug named Ramsmeat.Here is what Tom Gop, Assistant Producer of the game and the narrator of this gameplay movie, says about its features: "The video shows a small piece of the game, where Geralt is taking care of some everyday issues in one of the districts of Vizim. Sometimes you have to smash someone's face, sometimes perform a little alchemy, and sometimes just swing a witcher sword as an argument. Typical witcher stuff.We wanted to show some important game features in this video, such as interaction with NPCs, shops, meditation, alchemy and the fist-fight mini-game. But most of all we want you to see the advanced use of sword-fighting styles with the addition of witcher signs, that will hopefully help to sway even the biggest RPG sceptics. Even I had little problem with seeing what is going on with all those tricks that Marek Ziemak (Designer, guy that recorded the video) used.All those of you with an astute artistic sense should also appreciate the skills of our graphics team. Cloister Vizim looks completely different during the night than during the day and all characters look and act like real people."

FunkyMonk said:
A new 10-minute-long gameplay video is now done, and you'll be able to watch it at GameSpot in the next few days. We know a lot of you are really looking forward to it, so we wanted to give you a little teaser.Today we present a short [ftp=ftp://ftp.thewitcher.com/eng/thewitcher/video/thewitcher_en_video_quest_gameplay_selection_mov.zip]excerpt [/ftp]of the video, where you can see how a face-to-face discussion between two tough guys looks in the world of The Witcher. This is between Geralt and nasty-looking thug named Ramsmeat.Here is what Tom Gop, Assistant Producer of the game and the narrator of this gameplay movie, says about its features: "The video shows a small piece of the game, where Geralt is taking care of some everyday issues in one of the districts of Vizim. Sometimes you have to smash someone's face, sometimes perform a little alchemy, and sometimes just swing a witcher sword as an argument. Typical witcher stuff.We wanted to show some important game features in this video, such as interaction with NPCs, shops, meditation, alchemy and the fist-fight mini-game. But most of all we want you to see the advanced use of sword-fighting styles with the addition of witcher signs, that will hopefully help to sway even the biggest RPG sceptics. Even I had little problem with seeing what is going on with all those tricks that Marek Ziemak (Designer, guy that recorded the video) used.All those of you with an astute artistic sense should also appreciate the skills of our graphics team. Cloister Vizim looks completely different during the night than during the day and all characters look and act like real people."
*[glow=red,2,300]Drools[/glow]* I swear The Witcher is worse than crack. I just can't get enough ::)

janekk said:
*Soon* they will release trailer of a trailer of a gameplay ;)
Yes, a trailer of a trailer is quite odd. I thought so too. But hey, I'll take what I can get ;)And BTW, your avatar is the best I've seen in a while, Janekk. Is that you in the avatar?

freakie1one said:
And BTW, your avatar is the best I've seen in a while, Janekk. Is that you in the avatar?
I think that Janekk would be most probably offended if you'd connected him with his avatar. ;) In Poland "Children of Neo" has a rather pejorative meaning. :D

A trailer of a trailer isn't quite odd, it's torture ^..^ btw. the litte shat between Geralt and Ramsmeat... is that "casual conversation" or that sort of talk which ESRB considers as "strong language"? ;DbtwI got a new job http://www.the-witcher.de/?go=start :)

LOL Petra Silie more like pure torture cant wait to see more. have hand it to them they keep want us to want more :DCongrats on you new job too ;D

Brysiu said:
Brysiu said:
And BTW, your avatar is the best I've seen in a while, Janekk. Is that you in the avatar?
I think that Janekk would be most probably offended if you'd connected him with his avatar. ;) In Poland "Children of Neo" has a rather pejorative meaning. :D
Ha, my bad. Wasn't trying to offend anyone. So, tell me more about this "Children of Neo". What is it referring to? (Forgive my ignorance ???)

It is referring to our internet providers service called "Neostrada". Everyone who is spamming on forums, chats and dont use proper language (like "YaK SiE mAsH KoTeChQ :*** ====) in every sentence) is called "Child of Neo".

Rondel said:
It is referring to our internet providers service called "Neostrada". Everyone who is spamming on forums, chats and dont use proper language (like "YaK SiE mAsH KoTeChQ :*** ====) in every sentence) is called "Child of Neo".
Ah, makes sense ;D Thanks for the clarification.

freakie1one said:
freakie1one said:
Ah, makes sense ;D Thanks for the clarification.
It makes little sense if you don't mention Neostrada was one of the first to offer high speed ADSL connection as opposed to dial up. The provider was the no1 enemy of the dial up users - Telekomunikacja Polska - the public monopolist known for its high prices and poor service.

freakie1one said:
freakie1one said:
*Soon* they will release trailer of a trailer of a gameplay ;)
Yes, a trailer of a trailer is quite odd. I thought so too. But hey, I'll take what I can get ;)And BTW, your avatar is the best I've seen in a while, Janekk. Is that you in the avatar?
I'm not on this avatar but if you like it there http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Op57DmvPTi0 is full version ;D ;D ;D .

Sorry guys, but I would like to return to that teaser. I have been watching this forum for some time and I usually don't react on these occasions, but I worry a little bit about these sequences. Simply, I don't understand and like the behaviour of weapons (like swords and clubs) in the cutscenes - what invisible force holds them when they are "attached" to belt? And why are they so strangely shaking?? I didn't like it already in that sequence with Siegfried and I hoped that the developers would change it. But it is still there...I'm afraid it is already too late to change it, but I think that it just spoils the good atmosphere of the game. What's your opinion about it?

@Stewart Giligan GriffinI noticed that as well...though, I do not think it is TOO distracting. Like the "running thing", in my opinion, I can live with it.But, I agree...it does look odd.PS. Welcome to the boards. And "Damn you, Damn the Broccoli, and Damn the Wright Brothers!"" ;D

The gameplay IS on Gamespot:http://www.gamespot.com/video/915112/6179660/the-witcher-official-movie-7And also "The Witcher Update Q&A:http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/thewitcher/news.html?sid=6179649

It does look a bit odd. As well as the runing did. What may not have come across so well in the running bit is that when he was in a fight scene the runing was fine. Or the ' stance ' if you want to call it that. But when he was runing through the field there was no attacking, so that is where it looked funny. Regardless of these little graphical ' oopses ' so to speak. I simply cant wait to play the game, and I can only hope that they ' fix ' these little idioisms in patches and in the Sequel. There will be a Sequel ... right? And, so you don't think I've forgotten .. that you (still) dont have the merchandise section up so I cant get my Witcher stuffs. Shame .. shame .. shame shame on you... ??? Still awaiting the game**** ***EDIT ****Wooo... NICE full video ... I like it a lot.. awsome fighting scene and nice mix of majik and weaponplay.Now... give me the game ....... come on ... let me have it......Darkmane .. W¥tcher extraordinare

It is said that they will fix the running and conversation animation. But for me it's a small thing. Have Gothic 2 had superb animation or face mimic during conversation ? No. The animation during the figths sucked as well as running animation. But nobody did not care about it. Look at the figth animation in the Witcher. I've never seen so many moves in any RPG. The fight is fantastic.

AdrianXII said:
The gameplay IS on Gamespot:http://www.gamespot.com/video/915112/6179660/the-witcher-official-movie-7And also "The Witcher Update Q&A:http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/thewitcher/news.html?sid=6179649
We're waiting for your comments guys:)

Dziadu said:
Dziadu said:
We're waiting for your comments guys:)
I was really impressed! The barfight mini-game looks a lot better than any other mini-game I've seen in any other game. Most mini-games are rather repetitive and boring and don't relate to the story. The dialog seems very well done too. It isn't just the same (looking) people repeating the same phrases over and over. Plus, adding things to the dialog like the old man coughing makes it feel more real, more immersive.The combat also looks like a lot of fun and not just boring hack n' slash. It looks like you will constantly be making decisions in battle and not just "click and forget".The one thing I wish they would have shown in the video was fighting from the over-the-shoulder camera view. I'm wondering if this view will be too dificult to use in combat due to not being able to see enough of your surroundings/enemies. Overall it was a great video 8) Now we just need more ;)

Great finally there is a gameplay! The free roaming experience looks great. Will it be on gametrailers in high definition? I actually was hoping to see some forests and nice nature. The camera functions seem to work well, thats awsome! Are they going to keep the runningspeed like this?Many questions :D , but i'm really gonna buy this game.

Top Bottom