Quest Lightning Breaks Infinite Loading

+
I am on the quest chain with Panam and after we sleep it off at the motel I get in her car(inside the garage) which triggers an infinite loading screen.

I tried restarting the game multiple times, but it always gets stuck and i cannot proceed with this main quest..

I had this issue as well.

stuck_loading.PNG

The issue was, I would get an endless loading loop after getting in the truck with Panam at the motel garage during the Quest Lightning Strikes.

I had previously been talking to Takemura and had part of the GIMME DANGER quest. I had not yet met him and completed installing the virus into the controls system.

Here is what I did to solve it:
- Loaded latest save point at the motel. Which spawned me right in front of Panams truck
- I then called in my motorcycle, and went to complete the mission with Takemura. Installing the virus and then talking to him. I'm now waiting on him to finish the reconnaissance.
- Drove back to the motel and got in the truck with Panam and it works. Loaded instantly.

Hope this helps.

@Eriance did you follow Natech76534s instructions too? If nothing works contacting support is the best way to go (see the link above).

I did another main quest went to the church in Pacifica, afterwards I was able to load the Panam quest

View attachment 11076575

The issue was, I would get an endless loading loop after getting in the truck with Panam at the motel garage during the Quest Lightning Strikes.

I had previously been talking to Takemura and had part of the GIMME DANGER quest. I had not yet met him and completed installing the virus into the controls system.

- Loaded latest save point at the motel. Which spawned me right in front of Panams truck
- I then called in my motorcycle, and went to complete the mission with Takemura. Installing the virus and then talking to him. I'm now waiting on him to finish the reconnaissance.
- Drove back to the motel and got in the truck with Panam and it works. Loaded instantly.

Hope this helps.

Yes it worked, thanks Natech

View attachment 11076575

Hope this helps.

Hi,
I was also having the same problem, and this solved it! Thank you!

Best Regards to all

Fast traveling, or doing another quest and returning doesn't solve it for me. Had this exact problem on my very first playthrough and had to completely start over after 25 hours. On my first playthrough I was a Corpo male hacker, and the game just went into the infinite loading screen, or it crashed on startup. That was with 1.04, and I thought 1.05 was supposed to have fixed this.

After starting over, I went with a female Street shotgun user and the quest worked just fine. On my current playthrough my character is exactly the same as the first playthrough and it does not work at all again. Doing another quest and returning didn't change it, neither did warping around to different areas.

I couldn't load this as well. Already uploaded the virus to the float. Tried re-loading in the motel, no joy. Panam will just have to wrench the car a couple days more lol.

Running a Nomad. Also experiencing this issue. Went off and did other quests. Already uploaded the virus with Takemura. Loaded latest save in front of the truck, fast-traveled elsewhere, went back. None of it worked.

What's really weird, though, is that something in front of the truck is tripping me. I mean, on either side of it, the game is acting like there's some sort of barbed wire just in front of the truck when there isn't. There's some random junk, but nothing I haven't walked over a hundred times before elsewhere with no issues. It trips me on both the driver's side and the passenger's side of the vehicle. After the conversation with Panam, I have to walk around the back to avoid it or walk straight in to the middle and hug the truck as I walk to the passenger's seat door. I think the truck is moving forward, moving Panam and I into them, making us hit these invisible tripping points while we're seated in the truck, and the game bugs out. No clue why they're there. But I think that's the root cause of the infinite loading screen: the truck moving forward, we are hitting these trip points, and the game bugging out for it.

Last edited:
For those still having problems playing in PC in spite of the suggested fixes above and are willing to go the mod route, try this as this worked for me.

First download this mod: Cyber Engine Tweaks and follow install instructions in the description of the mod

Then download this mod: Teleport Fwd, specifically the Teleport FWD - 567 (binds) mod. Follow install instructions in the description of the mod. This will let you teleport a good distance when you press 6.

Next, when you are done talking to Panam about the plan, let her get inside her vehicle first. You will see the vehicle sink to the ground (this is probably what is causing the problem), then the tires should pop back up from the ground.

When you see the tires pop up from the ground, that should be your cue to make it to the passenger seat.

This part is important: AS YOU ARE ABOUT TO SIT DOWN IN THE PASSENGER SEAT (NOT WHEN YOU ARE CLIMBING UP TO OPEN THE PASSENGER SIDE DOOR) SPAM PRESSING 6 TO TELEPORT YOU FORWARD AND OUTSIDE THE GARAGE. Keep on spamming 6 until you hear V ask "Who owns this power station? Gov or corp?" (NO LOADING SCREEN WILL SHOW; If there is a loading screen, it should be faster now, but stiil, SPAM 6!), that is when you can just sit back and enjoy the ride. NOTE: If you stopped spamming 6 before V asks that question, it will cause the same loading bug screen.

No need to do side quests, main quests, or fast travel. It takes a bit of practice to get the timing right, but as long as you spam press 6 when V is about to sit in the passenger seat, should work. It really isn't hard to time it anyway.

It seems when the vehicle first sank, it was holding it in place and not making the vehicle go forward may be the one causing the bug. But having to force the vehicle out of the garage seems to "unlock" it.

This is by far the most consistent workaround with all the other save files I was testing this on.

Hope it also works for those still having problems.

If you need more info or further help, just hit me up. Always happy to help. Sadly, this is only for PC users, because we can use the Teleport Fwd mod...

Last edited:
Top Bottom