Quest: return to crookback bog - glitch

+
Hi all!

During the quest [XBOX ONE] 'return to crookback bog' I took a sidestep and went cave exploring. Afterwards I continued to help the baron to reach Crookback bog, finished some drowners and other monsters, saw Tamara. But after you killed the last drowners, the witch hunters (including tamara, the baron) a cutscene should trigger to find Anna. However, all the NPC's are just staying there in a corner (the mission mark is still on the Baron, but all he could answer is 'uh-huh'). So nothing happens and they just stand there in a circle. How to trigger the cutscene? Tried reloading earlier saves, but the same problem occurs.

Really appreciate your help! Thanks!

Last edited:
Xbox one.

I've read, once I reach skellige, this side quest will automatically marked as failed..

Never heard of this issue before.
What's the current quest objective? You mentioned the marker is on the Baron, but what does the objective say?

Help the witch hunters fight the monsters, from 6:00
At 6:30, a cutscene should be triggered, but in my case it doesn't.

Hmm...

Could it be that one of the drowners that the witch hunters were fighting is still alive?
Enemies can sometimes glitch into buildings, like this person found out the hard way.

Hmm maybe. Once I failed the quest (because during the quest i started doing other things and the Baron got killed, so I deceided to go immediately along the Baron to defend him. Could be, although no enemies or to be found near the houses of crookback bog. It is actually the same bug as mentioned in the topic you just provided. Exactly that glitch! Didn't see any 'red' dot in one of the buildings thought. I could scan the surroundings though and maybe find some drowners, kill it and the cutscene will trigger

To be more precise, I've attached a picture of the glitch in the quest.

Attachments

• DSC_0142.JPG
    DSC_0142.JPG
    753.7 KB · Views: 251
Try meditating for a few hours. I've had enemies not be present at bandit camps, monster nests etc. and I couldn't finish the side activity. Only after meditating would the enemies spawn and I could kill them and complete the task.

I think it's quite likely that another drowner or two or a water hag need to be killed, and you gotta try spawning them through meditation.

Or maybe your game is bugged and you gotta restart from a much earlier savegame, like 1-2 hours earlier.

Top Bottom