Question about B&W beginning and ending

+
Question about B&W beginning and ending

I've just done the main story only. I used a downloaded save as the ones I have are a bit broken right now, which had Triss as romantic choice.

I would like, once some of the bugs I encountered have been ironed out and mods fixed, to use one of my own saves to do a proper run. In one of my saves Geralt intentionally ends up alone. In the other he ended up alone.. and he supposedly died in the swamp. So my questions are:

Who shows up at Corvo Blanco if you don't romance anyone? In my dreams it would be Roche but I know I'm SOL there. I'm guessing it's Ciri, will this be the case regardless of whether she's a witcher or Empress?

How does the game get round Geralt being dead (and in my case, Ciri as well)? Or does it retcon that ending?

sv3672

Forum veteran
Who shows up at Corvo Blanco if you don't romance anyone? In my dreams it would be Roche but I know I'm SOL there. I'm guessing it's Ciri, will this be the case regardless of whether she's a witcher or Empress?

I think in that case Ciri and Dandelion will appear, but I did not actually see that case in game. Roche definitely does not visit Geralt, nor does he have any role in BaW.

How does the game get round Geralt being dead (and in my case, Ciri as well)? Or does it retcon that ending?

It seems to react to Ciri's fate in a conversation with Regis in the cemetery, so I guess it confirms that Geralt survives the bad ending while it remains open to interpretation what happens to Ciri.

Last edited:
Yeah, I knew there'd be no Roche.. I guess I was hoping for more drinking with any of my buddies really!

Oh, that's good to know - thank you :)

Top Bottom