Question about DLC option not appearing on launcher, read patch 1.2 notes

+
Question about DLC option not appearing on launcher, read patch 1.2 notes

Ok so before I state my questions, I did read the notes for patch 1.2 and I want some clarifications because I didn't realize I was going to fall so deeply in love with the Witcher series, both the books and the games. I searched far and wide and found a gamestop 40 miles away from where I lived that had ONE collector's edition of the Witcher 2 in stock, I bought it Yesterday on August 1st.

If I understand correctly, the option in the launcher to redeem the DLC codes has been removed in patch 1.2? Because In my game I got two cards with serial codes on them, one of them was to get the 'Mysterious Merchant' and the other one was for the 'Roche Commando Jacket'

Does that mean that everyone gets these goodies? Regardless of the version of the game that they bought? And that I should put these serial keys through my paper shredder? That would set my worries at ease as I'm afraid there is something wrong with my game, but at the same time I'm a bit miffed at having spent 130 dollars. Even so, I love the cards, the dice, the coin, the sculpture, the artbook,the video footage of the game's creation, and the soundtrack.

Forum veteran
Solvaring said:
Does that mean that everyone gets these goodies? Regardless of the version of the game that they bought?
Yep, that's exactly what it means.

I could see why you'd be miffed, but the physical goodies are really the silver lining. The extra little in-game things aren't that big of a deal for it to be worth getting upset over everyone having them :)

Rovlad

Forum regular
Actually, many players intentionally remove the "free items" DLC from their games as it tends to make the game less challenging, which is not what some players wish for.

Rovlad said:
Actually, many players intentionally remove the "free items" DLC from their games as it tends to make the game less challenging, which is not what some players wish for.

Ahhh interesting! Thanks so much for the clarification. I really love this game, CPR did a wonderful job. I'm on Chapter 4 of TW1 and shortly after buying the first game I bought 'The Last Wish' and wow it was an amazing read. I finished it within a few days and am now reading the blood of elves. I'm really impressed with how well TW1 fits in with the books, I could go on and on so i'll save all my fanboy ranting for another thread.

One last questions regarding the post above me. How would one go about removing different aspects of the game? Such as the DLC content with the extra goodies in it.

Solvaring said:
One last questions regarding the post above me. How would one go about removing different aspects of the game? Such as the DLC content with the extra goodies in it.

You can remove the corresponding .dzip-files from your The Witcher 2\CookedPC folder.

List of files and DLC:
alchemy_suit.dzip = Alchemist's gloves
dlc_finishers.dzip = Finisher Pack, i.e. more finishing moves
magical_suit.dzip = Mage's pants
merchant.dzip = Mysterious Merchant
roche_jacket.dzip = Roche Commando Jacket / Blue Stripes Jacket
swordsman_suit.dzip = Several whetstones, runes, etc.

DLC added after release:
hairdresser.dzip = Barber shops, new haircuts
harpy_feathers.dzip = "Sackful of Fluff"
troll.dzip = "Troll Trouble"

Top Bottom