Question about Double Cross usefullness

+
Question about Double Cross usefullness

Recent patch brought alot of changes, and most of them are welcome indeed. However, i found that buff ADC recieved in it doesnt really work with other changes well, if at all. A silver card has to be pretty awesome, however ADC reads "Strongest non-gold unit" and, well, it appears that strongest non-gold out there are bronze. Before the patch i used it as a tool to double the Nithral draws, however ATM i cant see a viable use for it in monsters deck. Looking at other factions, their "big bad silvers" arent usable with ADC as well. For NR - both Margarita and Pavetta are 6, on par with redanian elites, so the only target left is Dethmold. Skellige doesnt have a use for said card either. ST and NG got their Vanhemar/Eleyas, so i guess they can use it, but there are also spies, and giving +3 power to Yaevin isnt something you want. Idea behind ADC is pretty awesome, to give you additional access to a specific unit card in your deck.
From where i stand, it looks sensible to allow it to do exactly that, a non-gold ofcourse. In its current form it doesnt really deliver, and despite the extra effect it gained in the patch, it actually became less usable.Your thoughts?

the strongest non-gold units are typically spies and normally ADC has its uses by doubling your chance to play your spy and/or thinning your deck

with exception for NG whose spy has only 6 strength and gets +6 being on enemy side only and Monsters who dont have a silver spy

normally King of beggars is better for drawing a certain card and thinning your deck and is better at drawing silver cards if thats what you want

Lexandre;n7716710 said:
the strongest non-gold units are typically spies and normally ADC has its uses by doubling your chance to play your spy and/or thinning your deck

with exception for NG whose spy has only 6 strength and gets +6 being on enemy side only and Monsters who dont have a silver spy

normally King of beggars is better for drawing a certain card and thinning your deck and is better at drawing silver cards if thats what you want

Well, as i said - buff ADC recieved is actually a nerf for the few decks that were using it. KOB also offers some power, albeit not much. But hes a popular pick, because lowest power units are usually medics, or have very powerfull effects like priscilla. Thinning is surely still there, but thinning by 1 bronze card is first light territory. Its not worth a silver slot.

i missed the fact of +3 strength buff on ADC, my bad

yeah it defeats its purpose of it as a spy draw card, they could've just make ADC into some 3 strength unit then, because KoB is still stronger since 2 cards are better than one with +3 strength

4RM3D

Ex-moderator
ADC is a card I rarely see. I also cannot think of an interesting combo that makes it worth the silver slot. If it would be bronze (without the buff), it might be interesting.

I usually played ADC in a SC deck, along with the elven mercenaries in order to get out my spy. So for that tactic, the card actually got worse :(

I play ADC in my JC deck to pull my spy if I know my higher cards are out. The +3 buff doesn't hurt if you can pull the spies back. Also, my highest non-spy/non-gold card is Albrich, which also lets me draw a card. He hits the board with a 12 Strength for free, when you count drawing a card to replace him.

Also, if you play with blizzard potions, he's still a valuable Spy Draw in any deck playing against weather.

Top Bottom