Question about Mantis Blade & Monowire stats

+
Heya,

after playing around with different builds - i now wanna go with a "tabularasa combat build" meaning 18 reflex, 18 body, 18 cool (and 12 tech for at least epic upgrades). Beeing most flexible in using cyberware and weapon catagories. After 1.2 i read many discussions about the removal of the free legendary cyberware until someone pointed out that this was actually a fix regarding their stat locks if you pick them up to early. so now im curious how strong this stat lock really is.

i went back to some of my other chars and saw that on some of them my legendary stats on these cyberware are really weaker than the epic ones i can still buy on those chars at the ripper doc. question is does it really make a big impact to pick up the higher ones later f.e. epic at 30+ and legendary at 50? - can anyone share their stats or experience for highlevel cyberware, meaning stats on them if u pick them up after u reached lvl 50?

tldr: do they scale with your level and if so, how big is the difference between lvl 10 and lvl 50 on the legendary ones?

They scale massively. Personally, i think it'd be best to buy blue and purple versions only for not-yet-level-50 times. At any particular level, legendary is not any huge buff over epic and even rare. So i'd start with blue ones at first (as soon as you can / want to get it), then get epic one(s) some time around level 20...30, and go for legendary only at 50. Which would also make it much easier about costs, too - by the time one's 50, eddies are so much easier to pile up.

They scale massively. Personally, i think it'd be best to buy blue and purple versions only for not-yet-level-50 times. At any particular level, legendary is not any huge buff over epic and even rare. So i'd start with blue ones at first (as soon as you can / want to get it), then get epic one(s) some time around level 20...30, and go for legendary only at 50. Which would also make it much easier about costs, too - by the time one's 50, eddies are so much easier to pile up.

Stats also passively increase their base damage.

This is completely false. I have 1 pair of Legendary blades that I got for free very early on, like 12 or something before the patch when you could just go pick them up. I'm now 45 after the patch and they have the same damage.

You are probably missing the fact that Reflex increases their base damage. Same with Body increasing knuckles and Cool increasing the wire.
Sorry if i was somehow wrong above. But, it's what i saw on them ripperdocs - higher level V sees massively higher damage from arm cyberware in Ripperdocs' inventories. I'm very sure i did. Like, great many times.

Sorry if i was somehow wrong above. But, it's what i saw on them ripperdocs - higher level V sees massively higher damage from arm cyberware in Ripperdocs' inventories. I'm very sure i did. Like, great many times.

I checked a few things and edited my post. Something is off with them. Like I have the monowire you could pick up at level 2 and the one int he shops has like 60 damage more at 45, not really a massive increase.

Something is definitely bugged with them tho and the stats are all wonky regardless.

My biggest annoyance is that there is no way to know what is intended and what's a bug in this POS game.

Last edited:
Stats also passively increase their base damage.
yeah reflex does - so its even harder to tell what comes from the attribute and what is really plain scaling boni - thats why im curious if just the cyberware stat itself does really make a "massive" impact like FinFin said above. for me its hard to tell since i go reflex first on this build and dont have a clean base to compare through out my progress

Top Bottom