Question about Muzzle.

+
Question about Muzzle.

If you use muzzle on a card that has a deploy effect will it trigger that effect? I'm guesing no because its just moving onto the other side of the board. I don' like that it puts a spy marker ontop of your head. If your playing against NF Spies using this card can give them free points and an easy target to hit or kill.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Im pretty sure it doesnt trigger the Deply effect. I dont have the card, but was considering crafting it today but ended up choosing Avallach: Sage. Yes, its much worse than Muzzle but its more fun.

Anyway, i've seen Muzzle used and there dont seem to many good targets, since you cant even target Golds, like YenCon or TrissButt. Im not really sure about the spy marker, i thought it didnt appear but then again the player that used it against me wasnt NG nor was i so nobody cared if it became a spy.

4RM3D

Ex-moderator
Muzzle doesn't trigger the deploy ability.

DRK3;n9800181 said:
Anyway, i've seen Muzzle used and there dont seem to many good targets

Any target with a continuous ability or just giving a good power swing. Plenty of reason to use it.

DRK3

Forum veteran
4RM3D;n9800301 said:
Any target with a continuous ability or just giving a good power swing. Plenty of reason to use it.

Well, the maximum power swing of 16 is decent, i accept. The problem of the continuous ability is most often you have no way of capitalizing on that ability if you're not playing the same faction / archetype.

For example, if you steal a unit that synergizes with reveal, spy, discard or deathwish, unless it's a mirror match, you're only denying your opponent of its value but not getting more yourself.

Those NR buff bronzes and Odrin are good targets that will help you too, but what from the other factions?

4RM3D

Ex-moderator
DRK3;n9800371 said:
but what from the other factions?

First of all, denying the opponent value is still very strong. Even if you pull an 8 strength Nekker which isn't useful for you, it might be crippling for the opponent. Secondly, if you have some damaging spells, then you can also steal a target with more than 8 strength once you've damaged it.

As for other useful Muzzle targets: Morkvarg, Vrihedd Dragoon, Alba Spearmen, Archespore, Earth Elemental, Ekimmara, Axeman, Savage Bear, Greatsword (vs weather), etc...

4RM3D;n9800471 said:
Even if you pull an 8 strength Nekker which isn't useful for you
What are you talking about? If you steal an 8 point nekker it's a value 16 play... it's better than most of the cards, AND it cripples the opponent's setup as well.

Maerd I'm pretty sure that 4RM3D means that Nekker might have 0 synergy with your deck, not that Muzzling him isn't useful.

I love this card, but I agree that spying tag might backfire against Spygaard.

4RM3D

Ex-moderator
Maerd;n9800611 said:
If you steal an 8 point nekker it's a value 16 play... it's better than most of the cards, AND it cripples the opponent's setup as well.

Which I already mentioned: "Even if you pull an 8 strength Nekker which isn't useful for you, it might be crippling for the opponent." and: "[...] or just giving a good power swing" Also, see the comment below.

NlelithZ44;n9800731 said:
Maerd I'm pretty sure that 4RM3D means that Nekker might have 0 synergy with your deck, not that Muzzling him isn't useful.

Aye.

It's good I think the point he's trying to make is that you can probably run a card that is more reliably going to pull you 16+ points as most factions have atleast 3 golds that usually give 20 points at the least. Then also I think the issue with it is the lack of opportunity, you need the tempo when you need the tempo and if theres no targets for it then you're hardly going to get value out of it at that opportune moment, and if there are no choices that have effects as you speak of then you would of been well better off running something like bekkers twisted mirror since its pretty much the same point value. But it's a pretty fancy tech card, will probably replace the need for regis : higher vampire of which I pulled today and have found rather disappointing in my play testing. But similar effect, neutral. Maybe a little bit better in some regards because it can target silvers, but worse if you want to disable a deploy effect before it happens.

Last edited:
4RM3D;n9801401 said:
Which I already mentioned: "Even if you pull an 8 strength Nekker which isn't useful for you, it might be crippling for the opponent." and: "[...] or just giving a good power swing" Also, see the comment below.
Muzzle is way too strong, it's even better than 8 points removal because it swings the balance and gives all the benefits of the unit too. Today I had to stop playing my reveal deck because now every top deck has this Muzzle and it was killing my strategy. I had the Muzzle myself but other decks having the same thing stopped giving me the edge and I went on 9 games loosing streak and quickly dropped from top 500 to out of 1000 globally. Another reason was that Blue Dream spell, which made me from winning 100% against spella'tael archetype without it to 0% with if that spell is used. Spella'tael just steal my Leo and reveals its last superbuffed protector for 20+ point removal power. So, with new update to meta the reveal deck, if it's not just modified Fringilla, is pretty much dead again.

4RM3D;n9803921 said:
Kambi + D-Bomb + Muzzle + Bloodcurdling Roar

I see nothing wrong here, I find that combo with kambi quite impressive since kambi at the moment sucks and hardly played and not even at competitive play.

Makes you wonder is this what CDPR really intends of doing such a card like kambi to not see play at top levels? Hmm... Interesting!

Kambi needs something to be good at least and considering that there's a combo, which can lead kambi to being on your side of the board just to get that last grasp of a win from opponent, then so be it, I say! ;)

P.S. Even if against me I would be impressed that I got kambi'd in such an awesome fashion!

Regards,
byExeplar

Maerd;n9806011 said:
That combo stops on the first step when your opponent just locks it or uses mushshrooms on it.

Or just kill it. Most combos in the game can be prevented one way or the other. Some combos go all or nothing, like this one.

DRK3

Forum veteran
4RM3D That Kambi combo would be interesting, but it's more dangerous and probably not as rewarding as insta-triggering Kambi, then using other 3 cards: a bronze, a silver and a Gold to get more than the 27 points that Hemdall+ Bear would provide (sorry to be the party pooper this time...)

Both Kambi combos we have are really hard to achieve and you can't rely you'll manage to pull them off every game. I personally have fun sometimes with the QG one, this Muzlle one looks way too convoluted.

Top Bottom