Question about Redmod

+
Im, not a modder my self, but am a huge fan of them and especially the things that are done to games like Fo4 and the Elder scrolls.

My question to those that know about modding is, will this allow for people to almost completely overhaul the game as we have seen it in Skyrim?

Like adding new quests?

New animations?

New stats and skills?

New enemies, faction systems?

Flying cars?

Given the number of things modders have done in Skyrim and FO4, which I personally never thought possible, is this on the same scale or does it come with a lot more limitations?

The simple answer: forget this tools from CDPR. Its just comestic, as everything in Cyberpunk...at this moment. Look for RedScript at Nexus.

Last edited:
The simple answer: forget this tools from CDPR. Its just comestic, as everything in Cyberpunk...at this moment. Look for RedScript at Nexus.
What do you mean just cosmetic? Do you mean that people can just change a few animations or clothing items etc. a bit easier than before?

I thought Redmod was like the creation kit for Skyrim of some sort, which allowed you to mess around with the world?

Im, not a modder my self, but am a huge fan of them and especially the things that are done to games like Fo4 and the Elder scrolls.

My question to those that know about modding is, will this allow for people to almost completely overhaul the game as we have seen it in Skyrim?

Like adding new quests?

New animations?

New stats and skills?

New enemies, faction systems?

Flying cars?

Given the number of things modders have done in Skyrim and FO4, which I personally never thought possible, is this on the same scale or does it come with a lot more limitations?
"We just launched our new project called REDmod – a free set of tools for Cyberpunk 2077 which adds integrated support for installing and loading mods into the game. It also provides an official tool that will help you use, modify and create your own experiences in the world of Cyberpunk 2077, including custom sounds, animations, scripts, and more."

"For more information (and download links), check out our dedicated REDmod website & FAQ: cyberpunk.net/modding-support "

There are already mods that add new quests, new stats and skills, new enemies and factions and flying cars available for download on Nexus for some time now. What the modders still can do that's new, is modding anatomically corrects animations for the V character in TPP, which I'm very eager to witness myself, hopefully in the near future.

Last edited:
I thought Redmod was like the creation kit for Skyrim of some sort, which allowed you to mess around with the world?
I don't believe it would reach the level of Bethesda modding tools for "obvious" reasons, but who know :)
To quote @GrimReaper801 :
In due time they very well might. The thing with this kind of tool is that even those who make them usually don't know how extensive the modifications can get until it hits the public and people start tinkering with it in very unexpected ways.

What do you mean just cosmetic? Do you mean that people can just change a few animations or clothing items etc. a bit easier than before?

It's not just cosmetic.

It could allow for much deeper modifications and additions than before as it gives us greater access to the game, but it's also pretty far from being the creation kit's equivalent. As I already said in another thread, which @LeKill3rFou already quoted, it's hard to see how far it could go. Especially this early into the tools release.

It's doubtful we'll ever see mods that are as extensive as what you see for Bethesda's games in my opinion because it's simply not as user-friendly as the creation kit. Newbie creators are gonna have a much harder time getting into CP2077 modding than they do with Beth's games. By extension it's also more complicated for experienced modders than the CK. Creating mods is a passion project, not work, the more difficult it is the less inclined people are to do it.

I've never, ever, seen anyone complain about receiving official modding tools from developers....
Post automatically merged:

Well I must say it's more than tweaking animations and stuff. We can write new scripts, change the parameters of existing scripts, adding completely new animations (although idk why but the blender plugins seem to not work for me), adding new sounds, adding/replacing textures and meshes. using the wolvenkit integration, we can change the parameters of Shaders, particle systems and quests.
However, No level editor. No quest editor. No "fancy" GUI, if you want to work with REDmod you have to use cmd (Something that bothers me, is that even though cdpr has released an "Instructions" pdf, there are many people who don't know this. Instead, they doable click on the redMod.exe, it doesn't open up and they think the tools are broken). You can also use the wolvenkit integration if you are not comfortable with writing arguments in cmd, Wolvenkit has a very nice GUI that makes life easier.

Last edited:
I've never, ever, seen anyone complain about receiving official modding tools from developers....
Post automatically merged:

Well I must say it's more than tweaking animations and stuff. We can write new scripts, change the parameters of existing scripts, adding completely new animations (although idk why but the blender plugins seem to not work for me), adding new sounds, adding/replacing textures and meshes. using the wolvenkit integration, we can change the parameters of Shaders, particle systems and quests.
However, No level editor. No quest editor. No "fancy" GUI, if you want to work with REDmod you have to use cmd (Something that bothers me, is that even though cdpr has released and instructions pdf, there are many people who don't know this. Instead, they doable click on the redMod.exe, it doesn't open up and they think the tools are broken). You can also use the wolvenkit integration if you are not comfortable with writing arguments in cmd, Wolvenkit has a very nice GUI that makes life easier.
So its not that easy to for instance built a quest or "location" and add it to one of the many locked doors if people wanted to do that? Or maybe add a lot of new shops?

So its not that easy to for instance built a quest or "location" and add it to one of the many locked doors if people wanted to do that? Or maybe add a lot of new shops?
As I said, we don't have quest creation tools so we can't create quests (You might be able to do that with some of the community-made modding tools. but not with REDmod. I recall a mod that added up to 120 quests to the game). For opening doors you can use CET. It will give you access to entities and you can change their properties. There's also the ability to add new meshes to the game, so maybe you can add a new shop and write a script for interacting with the shopkeeper using REDmod :)

As I said, we don't have quest creation tools so we can't create quests (You might be able to do that with some of the community-made modding tools. but not with REDmod. I recall a mod that added up to 120 quests to the game). For opening doors you can use CET. It will give you access to entities and you can change their properties. There's also the ability to add new meshes to the game, so maybe you can add a new shop and write a script for interacting with the shopkeeper using REDmod :)
Ok, cool thanks

Hopefully CDPR will improve the modding tools a lot. It would be cool to see same capabilities as with Skyrim and FO4. :)

Top Bottom