Question about spending Reward Points (and other new player stuff)

+
Firstly, wow Gwent has changed a lot -- first from the Witcher 3, then again from the updated version I played last year or so. 2 lanes, cards seem completely differently balanced. (side question, I guess all of the cards I previously had are now part of the 38025 scrap I have?)

I need some advice with how to spend my reward points before I go wasting them in the reward book.

I guess to unlock the other heroes I have to do that now through the skill tree, but what I'm more concerned about is are there any timed reward trees that I should focus first?
Nothing is labelled, and there is no indication, so I'm assuming that everything is permanent, EXCEPT for the year of the boar (which I think started 2 or so months ago?), but another 10 months should be plenty time to complete it.
What seems most urgent is the Season of the Elf? Is that a monthly thing, so should I focus on that first?

Thanks for advice

What seems most urgent is the Season of the Elf? Is that a monthly thing, so should I focus on that first?

The Seasons of the Xyz are indeed a monthly occurence. However, it requires too many reward points and only give cosmetics as a reward (besides the common materials). As such, I wouldn't bother with it for the next two months. Not until you have some reward points saved up. Then you have to look at the border and/or avatar and decide whether it's worth it. You can always get the other stuff next year because the same seasons will come back.

I see, thanks for the reply.
If there are 12 cyclical seasons, then I should probably start with unlocking the different heroes first, since in theory I can get the elf stuff next year. I have a nice dragon/phoenix border anyways unlocked from some event that I did before Gwent got completely overhauled (I think that's what the homecoming was).

rrc

Forum veteran
Yes, first unlock all the Leaders (from your most preferred to least preferred). Look for the tress which gives more Ores or Meteorite Powder or Scraps early according to your need and get those nodes. For example, Usurper gives a lot of Ore node from the beginning without needing to go through scraps or story nodes (if you unlock all store nodes it gives tremendous amount of ore, but if you are running short of RP, go for the nodes which take only 1 or 2 RPs to give relevant Ores. Similarly if you need MP, look for the trees which have many MP nodes and get them. If you like cosmetics (like Elf cardback), go through those nodes.

This early into the game, it would be wise to carefully use the RP to get the max of what you want in short term. Good Luck.

Start with leaders, try to focus getting one from each faction you like (this will make daily quests easier if you have a deck for each faction).

I'm a new player since post-beta release, and frankly, forget about the season reward tree. There simply are not enough reward points to participate in those.

Unless the season reward trees in your opinion is better than faction kegs and leaders, then just forget about it. Faction kegs and leaders is the priority, which includes the R2 reward books as well, like Thronebreaker and Crimson Curse. If you are at all interested in the leaders and/or faction kegs, you wount be able to do the seasonal reward books.

Start with leaders, try to focus getting one from each faction you like (this will make daily quests easier if you have a deck for each faction).

And don't do this. Unless you want less ore per reward point spent. There are these kind of 5 point ore points, which grants more ore the more of those 4 (5?) you have already opened. So start with the factions which is a priority for you and work with those to begin with, unless you want to play all factions. If you do say 2 factions, you can unlock alot of faction specifics and still build the core of the other factions at the same time.

For me, I have gotten ALOT of reward points, but I'm barely scratching the surface. I'm well into ALL the reward books of 1 of my factions, and I'm about halfway into the other. Each leader also have their own reward book!

So trust me, as someone who has played since release of the game (post-beta), there just is not nearly enough reward points to even bother looking into seasonal reward books. I even made a thread about reward points on this forum because of that, and I still stand by that point.

(There are not enough reward points, and crafting cards with scraps is too cheap.)
Post automatically merged:

https://forums.cdprojektred.com/ind...more-new-big-value-contracts-please.10999690/

Top Bottom