Question about the Books

+

ausir

Forum veteran
Maybe buy the first book in both versions and compare, and then get the rest in whatever language is better (you'll have to get "The Sword of Destiny" in German anyway, though, since the English publisher skipped it).

Ausir said:
Maybe buy the first book in both versions and compare, and then get the rest in whatever language is better (you'll have to get "The Sword of Destiny" in German anyway, though, since the English publisher skipped it).
Sword of Destiny isn't aviable in German. At least amazon states that they don't have it in stock.I probably will have to bug my local bookstore if they can order it for me.Blood of Elves apparently is not even planned as german version in the near future, since I only can find the english one for pre-order.At least I can't find the second book of the Geralt Saga :-/Rhian

ausir

Forum veteran
Well, since they republished The Last Wish in German this year, I'd guess you can expect The Sword of Destiny in German next year as well.

Ausir said:
Well, since they republished The Last Wish in German this year, I'd guess you can expect The Sword of Destiny in German next year as well.
Hmm I will have some tea and cookies then while I wait :)I remember when I read about the Witcher (Game) the first time I was on pins and needles... hardly could wait to get my hands on it.Oh well. Good thing I have stacks of un-read Mercedes Lackey books still waiting to be read.

Start learning polish, you will learn it before they release the whole saga and thus be able to read it faster ;)And if i haven't read the saga i wouldn't like to know all these facts and would be really pissed that you told me that Rience works for Vilgefortz or Regis is a vampire. It definitely spoils the fun...Maybe you would like to know how does it all ends?

sire said:
Start learning polish, you will learn it before they release the whole saga and thus be able to read it faster ;)And if i haven't read the saga i wouldn't like to know all these facts and would be really pissed that you told me that Rience works for Vilgefortz or Regis is a vampire. It definitely spoils the fun...Maybe you would like to know how does it all ends?
As much as I would like to learn more languages - it doesn't fit into my narrow time schedule.And... inquiring about characters doesn't spoil the joy for me. It rather heightens the anticipation that goes hand in hand with waiting for a book. Therefore your statement about "Maybe you would like to know how does it all ends?" is imho misplaced. Because it's entirely my business what I want to know and what not ;-) don't you think?

Rhian said:
Rhian said:
As much as I would like to learn more languages - it doesn't fit into my narrow time schedule.And... inquiring about characters doesn't spoil the joy for me. It rather heightens the anticipation that goes hand in hand with waiting for a book. Therefore your statement about "Maybe you would like to know how does it all ends?" is imho misplaced. Because it's entirely my business what I want to know and what not ;-) don't you think?
Sure, thats why I wrote "I wouldn't like to know these facts" and it would spoil the fun for me. Regis identity was a bit of a surprise for me.So, if you would like to know more, we would be happy to answer to "heighten the anticipation" for books.

Top Bottom