Question about witcher senses

+
Question about witcher senses

Does activating witcher senses increase Geralt's sense of smell and hearing ?

Yes, it does. With his senses active, he can follow subtle scents (clues in some quests), and hear nearby enemies, and folk's conversations. Witchers are described as possessing highly attuned senses, which, apparently, they can focus at will.

Definitely yes. If you hold down witcher senses for ~5-10 seconds, any "far away" monster and some animal sounds will play as if they're 2 feet from you. You can often get a sense of what's within a few hundred yards of you by just listening. I can pick out most different types of monsters by just their sounds now.

Occasionally, I hear something I don't recognize, and I'm, like...*gulp*. :p

Bracala;n10653621 said:
How stronger his sense of smell is compared to normal humans ?

Hmm. Interesting question. I'm not sure if we're ever given a precise comparison. In the books, I believe the intensity depends on the decoctions he drinks; whereas, in the games, his senses seem always to be above-average. At a guess, I'd say at least three-times as strong as a normal human, in the games, but I could be mistaken.

Riven-Twain;n10653931 said:
Hmm. Interesting question. I'm not sure if we're ever given a precise comparison. In the books, I believe the intensity depends on the decoctions he drinks; whereas, in the games, his senses seem always to be above-average. At a guess, I'd say at least three-times as strong as a normal human, in the games, but I could be mistaken.

Was there ever some event (Book / or game) where he could smell something normal human couldn't . I remember in game he could see blood while Yen couldn't.

I would imagine his smell is just heightened and more sensitive and not really increased as far as the range of his sense of smell. So he could smell something farther away than you could or something thats very faint so your nose wouldnt pick it up. As far as smelling like things that a dog can, he could probably only do that if there is some sort of potion giving him that increased ability.

Top Bottom