Question - Act 1 lockdown? (minor spoilers)

+
Why was Watson on lockdown during Act 1? Curious to see if anyone found any info on this in-game.

When you are navigating the flathead through the other suites during The Heist, one of the rooms you go through shows a meeting between Mayor Rhyne, Holt, and unnamed Arasaka agents. You only catch a little bit of the conversation, but it's clear the lockdown was ordered by Arasaka. I could never find any reason for it. Anyone find anything more?

timeline is hard to say
theres a mission for the preacher...
you find out that arasaka trys to start a war with militec
+ there are some other hints for the coming war

the questions is...
was that planed befor Saburos death, or after...
could be Yorinobus plan as a smoke screen, but i kinda doubt it
but it could also be, that Mr. Blue Eyes or Netwach is responsible

not sure if this is tied with the lockdown

If you listen to the opening clip while waiting for the game to load to Main Menu, it's because there was a particularly bad night of violence in NC, more so than expected, and a cop was killed. You know, Stan the Man from N54 news saying "Good Morning Night City! Yesterday's body count lottery rounded out to solid sturdy thirty! Ten outta Heywood thanks to unabated gang violence! One officer down, so I guess you're ALL SCREWED, because the NCPD will not let that one go..."

Because a cop was killed? Its funny when doing the "Sinnerman" quest you drive past a dead cop by a police car like its nothing, in a police car!. Ofcourse the killing of the head of Arasaka makes sense for lifting the lockdown, wouldn't want the killers to have a hard time getting around town.

Arasaka isn't the dominant corp, and in TT rules, they're actually a despised corp compared to Militech, Zetatech, Biotechnica etc. So Saburo's death is definitely front scream sheet material but not like you had offed the NUSA Pres or the Troika behind Pacifica (the regional power, not the district).

Top Bottom