question : crowd densty low , HHD mode off or crowd density medium , HHD mode on

+
hi all

running the game on Laptop with i7 10750h rtx 2060 6 go , ssd Nmve 2.0

when doing some test , what i found with those 2 setting
HHD mode , seems to increase performance by reducing spawn npc and also variety of npc models
does it impact the same way for traffic cars ..?

crowd density setting its quite heavy for my cpu , but i want at least a feeling of a living city not an empty city
wich one to pick ..Oo

HDD mode only impact crowd density and traffic or there's an hidden impact for other think linked to streaming level ..? the tooltip not very clear

by default , with my config
crowd density on high , HDD mode auto ( i can't handle this setting for 60 fps lol )
but its a bit strange , rtx 2060 mobile its only mostly a gtx 1070 with dlss/ ray-tracing features

I could be wrong but, if the game is on SSD > slow HDD mode set on off :)
An HHD is (very) "slow" by default...
Because as far as I know (a little^^), it doesn't affect only crownd density or traffic, but also NPC generation for example (amoung plenty of things I suppose). So for NPCs, you should find way more clones/duplicates while wandering.

Last edited:
I could be wrong but, if the game is on SSD > slow HDD mode set on off :)
An HDD is (very) "slow" by default...
Because as far as I know (a little^^), it doesn't affect only crownd density or traffic, but also NPC generation for example (amoung plenty of things I suppose). So for NPCs, you should find way more clones/duplicates while wandering.
doing some other test with SSR on low or High
playing usually with SSR high , but need to see how it'll perform with SSR low

the annoying thing , lowering crowd density or turn HHD mode on , some other aera feel very empty
hope on futur update dev team fix that , behiavor IA , traffic , spawn npc not really well dispatched on the map . i can understand on the badlands there's no car , no traffic , no people , but on the city with lower setting you just drive 1min and the city is empty ..:(

doing some other test with SSR on low or High
playing usually with SSR high , but need to see how it'll perform with SSR low

the annoying thing , lowering crowd density or turn HHD mode on , some other aera feel very empty
hope on futur update dev team fix that , behiavor IA , traffic , spawn npc not really well dispatched on the map . i can understand on the badlands there's no car , no traffic , no people , but on the city with lower setting you just drive 1min and the city is empty ..:(

"An empty city" is exactly the kind of "issue" you would encouter by set the HDD mod on ON... On SSD, you should disable it anyway.
I could be wrong but I think it work like that :
  • Slow HDD on > if the game is installed on a HDD.
  • Slow HDD off > if the game is installed on a SSD.
  • Slow HDD auto > If you want to let the game check by itself. But I don't think it's a "mixed" settings. The game must check what kind of drive you have (transfert rate check or simply check your hardware) and set the HHD mode either on on, either on off.
So if the game is installed on a SSD, no need to bother with this option, just let it on off. It's clearly not a setting to change to gain some performance :)

"Slow HDD mode" is only there for those who only reach the minimum requirements :
CP77_NG_SystemRequirements_16x9_EN_dfot1nt1oa9kjp3u.png

Top Bottom