Question for Sapkowski readers in Poland

+
Question for Sapkowski readers in Poland

Hi readers !I wrote "in Poland" because I guess you can, of course, read all his books, unlike here where we have only 2 novelas (short stories) compilation (France, and this is odd ...)Well, my question is :Is the story told to Geralt by the Act IV - Murky Waters's Innkeeper the real story of Ciri, from the books ? Goin' to Kaer Moden, training to become a witcher too, but too powerful in magic, so Yenefer (I guess) comes to educate her, and then, war, death ... she becomes a "hunter", huntin' humans, killing all his enemies, and so on ...I can't believe that. If this is true ... Well, itcertainly will be tough for me to read the book containing the story. Too Sad, indeed.So ?

The inkeeper strongly generalised the story, because in reality it is far more interesting and complex... but yes we can say it is much of the real story about Ciri... but the witcher saga is more complex than that and there is also Nilfgaard vs. Northern Kingdoms case, Geralt and Yennefer case and some other interesting motives...ps. sorry for my english

ausir

Forum veteran
The story is largely true, but very generalized and it's much more complex and interesting than that in the books.

Top Bottom