Question if you don't have a savegame to import

+
Question if you don't have a savegame to import

I've read that, if you don't have a TW1 save to import, the game will basically ask you Order, Scoatel or Neutral. But I've also read that the Triss or Shani choice will also import. My question is, will the game ask you about Triss and Shani too?

DarthKain said:
...But I've also read that the Triss or Shani choice will also import...
Are you really sure? If that's so, it means there'll be Shani in TW2 but I don't remember anything about Shani will be in the second game. Still there is hope since not all the characters are announced.

Well actually what I've read is that if you had a relationship with Triss in TW1 it will affect TW2, nothing about Shani(though I don't remember from which article it was)

We don't know what the game will ask you about, but it would definetyly ask you about everything it needs. Be cool.

DarthKain said:
I've read that, if you don't have a TW1 save to import, the game will basically ask you Order, Scoatel or Neutral. But I've also read that the Triss or Shani choice will also import. My question is, will the game ask you about Triss and Shani too?
I don't doubt that you read that somewhere, but doesn't it seem a bit odd for an RPG to ask you to choose sides even before you've interacted with the npcs? / played the game? Requiring new players to fix their alignment before they've had a chance to immerse themsleves in the lore seems a bit daft to me....

Maybe I'm imagining this, but I thought I heard if you don't have a save game, it will start you off as Neutral?

pudi0072000 said:
Maybe I'm imagining this, but I thought I heard if you don't have a save game, it will start you off as Neutral?
As for I know (and believe me, I like to read about TW2 and search for things, so I'm quite well informed) there will few options:1) Save import2) You played TW1, but don't have save - game asks you about your decisions3) You didn't play TW1 / don't wanna answer any questions - you start as neutral:)

I, for one, do hope that we will be able to answer questions or at a push have a save game editor. All my saves were trashed when my machine was "upgraded" to windows 7.

kierun said:
I, for one, do hope that we will be able to answer questions or at a push have a save game editor. All my saves were trashed when my machine was "upgraded" to windows 7.
Argh! That is exactly why you should never have your My Documents folder on c:. I hate that Windows doesn't ask if you want to choose another place per default. Not everybody knows how to do that. Sorry for the ourburst, but I've heard that savegame- or other imortant files-loss problem a thousand times and it would be so easy to fix. They should know that by Seven (they being Microsoft).Anyway, I heard the same thing szypek26 did, so I guess nobody needs to worry about their savegames. I'm curious about how invested they got with the implementing of your former choices. Wouldn't it be great, if you spared Vetala back then, that he would come to your aid against a particulatly nasty opponent? :)

I don't know but i will be perfectly please if Shani is in the game and CDPR is keeping some secrets for us. Hah i can only dream :p

DelightfulMcCoy said:
DelightfulMcCoy said:
Argh! That is exactly why you should never have your My Documents folder on c:. I hate that Windows doesn't ask if you want to choose another place per default. Not everybody knows how to do that. Sorry for the ourburst, but I've heard that savegame- or other imortant files-loss problem a thousand times and it would be so easy to fix. They should know that by Seven (they being Microsoft).Anyway, I heard the same thing szypek26 did, so I guess nobody needs to worry about their savegames. I'm curious about how invested they got with the implementing of your former choices. Wouldn't it be great, if you spared Vetala back then, that he would come to your aid against a particulatly nasty opponent? :)
Wow, this forum IS usefull, Thanks to this thread I have found my save games from TW1. 4 GBs of saves, wow... Time to clean

Blocks100 said:
... but doesn't it seem a bit odd for an RPG to ask you to choose sides even before you've interacted with the npcs? / played the game? Requiring new players to fix their alignment before they've had a chance to immerse themsleves in the lore seems a bit daft to me....
Not at all, especially since TW2 is a continuation of TW1, with the same main character(s).

Top Bottom