Question in Silent Footstep Bug

+

Milaal

Forum regular
Does anyone know what causes this bug, be it hardware, software, or even a repeat of certain steps or actions in and/or out of game? I’m currently end game and it seems to pop up every other time I load a save from in game. I’m doing a virus and malware sweep of my PC followed by a restart, but I’m betting that’s not a fix. My fingers are crossed hoping that after I backup and delete all my current saves for next play through the bug will just disappear, even if that means I need to do a verify of all files thing I’d. Most irritating thing is that I’m backing up these various “profiles” for various load outs into Phantom Liberty, and I hate the idea of carrying this bug or glitch into the expansion.
Edit: I guess I’m also wondering if it has to do with loading from an Auto Save. Going to have to go back to making a manual save every fifty minutes or so.

Last edited:
I get this on Series X and can get it to happen pretty reliably by reloading a save in-game (without quitting to menu). The only way to resolve it on console seems to be to exit the game and relaunch.

Top Bottom