Question mark near Kaer Trolde?

+
Question mark near Kaer Trolde?

How are you suppose to get to this question mark on the island?

Maybe you can only get there later in a quest. Hopefully it isn't a place that you might miss in a quest and not return later.

Anyone know?

So I think that you are able to get to this one during the bear attack mission. Problem is, I missed it while doing that quest it seems. So is there any way of me getting to it after I finished the game?

If not, that is such a crazy decision. I will forever have this stupid question mark on my map.

Same problem. I couldnt use the point of power during the mission, Geralt was meditating but i wouldnt give me skill point. So I moved on and decided to return here later. Now the doors to the cellar are closed and I also cant get to this place again. All those small things are annoying, and I guess CDP Red took a lpt of time to test the game, they missed hundreds of minor bugs that ruins the fun :/

I'm bumping this up for a bug fix hopefully, the place is inaccesible if you side with Hjalmar.

Yup, i too chose Hjalmar on my 2nd time around instead of cyris during king gambit's quest. King gambit's quest made cavern of dreams failed and blocked out this place of power. Nice quest lol.

Yup, i too chose Hjalmar on my 2nd time around instead of cyris during king gambit's quest. King gambit's quest made cavern of dreams failed and blocked out this place of power. Nice quest lol.

Cavern of dreams relies on Blueboy Lugos being alive, so that's your fault for missing that sidequest.

Cavern of dreams relies on Blueboy Lugos being alive, so that's your fault for missing that sidequest.

Just FYI, it's possible he was talking about the bug with the quest that retroactively fails it. I actually had it fail on me on my first playthrough AFTER having completed it successfully. I had finished it probably 30 hours earlier, it was in my completed list, and then I did King's Gambit and after Cerys got crowned, I failed the quest. I knew it was likely a cosmetic problem in the log so didn't worry about it.

Just FYI, it's possible he was talking about the bug with the quest that retroactively fails it. I actually had it fail on me on my first playthrough AFTER having completed it successfully. I had finished it probably 30 hours earlier, it was in my completed list, and then I did King's Gambit and after Cerys got crowned, I failed the quest. I knew it was likely a cosmetic problem in the log so didn't worry about it.

That is a bug, correct.
And he should have said so in the first place.

Some things are bugs... some things are not... I just know that NOT ALL quests were made to be played on one play through. Its a way for all players to experience a different game which is kinda cool ( ie if you do one quest before another both quests may have different outcomes, there is no right or wrong way to play the game ) the only BUGS that BUGS me are when a quest is there but you can't talk to the person to start it

BUMP!

On my 2nd playthrough now, and i sided with Hjalmar this time.

Cant access the route via the wine cellar to the 'Place of Power'!

Come on CDP, this is too harsh a penalty, please fix this!

In fact it is;P
Here's my solution for that problem, know how in description:
[video]https://youtu.be/gC2fPxWcJmc[/video]
Glad I could help, best regards all:)

Last edited:
It's like CDP wanted to make sure that nobody even dares to choose Hjalmar....
Cerys solves her "personal quest" better. She is the better ruler. She actually finds the real culprits behind the bear attacks and in top of that you get an extra skill point if you choose her.
The only thing missing was a Witcher 2 beginning style developers comment that we should choose Cerys....

It's like CDP wanted to make sure that nobody even dares to choose Hjalmar....
Cerys solves her "personal quest" better. She is the better ruler. She actually finds the real culprits behind the bear attacks and in top of that you get an extra skill point if you choose her.
The only thing missing was a Witcher 2 beginning style developers comment that we should choose Cerys....

Bump to this thread, I chose Cerys initially and then decided to choose Hjalmer after knowing that the former King's son was to be exiled or perish if I chose Cerys. Considering he helped Geralt and Cerys clear the An Crait family name, I didn't want to condemn him to either fate.

YET I am forced to do this if I want that place of power?? What the heck CDPR?

It's as if this quote right here is exactly what you wanted us to do. :/

Top Bottom