Question on Pre Order bonuses

+
I searched for pre order bonuses here but all I can find are hundreds of posts talking about what people would like. I want to know if a steam pre order will have any physical items or not? I can't seem to locate that information. Does it come with a steelbook or no? Or is that restricted to retailers? It looks like GOG has the option to get a steel book but I don't see one for steam. Can any mod point me in the right direction. There is so much information here Im kinda lost now.

CDPR games don't have hundred different versions that are priced from 59.99 to 110 bucks like some.
There the standard and the CE. I think maybe best buy did a steelbook for preordering maybe?
As far as buying it digitally there isn't any pre-order rewards that I have seen. You get the game and if you link you GOG account to the service you bought Cyberpunk you will get some free DLC styles like said in NCW5. If you want to support the game and have 100% of your money go to CDPR buy on GOG.

I switched from a digital preorder to a physical one, from GOG to a retailer where I live, simply because the physical game has some goodies:

1. Music CD
2. paper map
3. Stickers
4. Postcards.

The Collector's Edition has more stuff.

There are also downloadable goodies (not sure what they are).

Neither Steam nor GOG have any physical items as they are digital stores.

As for pre-order bonuses. There are no ingame bonuses for the game and when you buy the physical standard edition you'll always get the same stuff no matter if you buy now or in 12 month.

Some retailers have their own bonuses for the game. Like the gang steelbook from Amazon or the keychain (or was it necklace?) from a US retailer.

I switched from a digital preorder to a physical one, from GOG to a retailer where I live, simply because the physical game has some goodies:
1. Music CD
2. paper map
is this 100% confirmed? out of all the digital bonus items the only thing I would like to have is a physical map

I wonder how detailed it is though? maybe I'll just stick with the digital edition and buy the guidebook

Here's what's listed on CP2077 website:
CP Preorder.JPG

wow I didnt know the physical edition also includes the world compendium :confused:I bet that will be better then the digital comic included with digital copies... I wonder how big the book is, or which version it is? theres so many different books, does anybody know if the compendium is the same/different as the "World of Cyberpunk" book thats currently sold? or is it just smaller

Ive been having a hard time figuring out which is the official list of bonus items, and I even asked this same question in another thread and was told everything was all digital (even with physical copies)

Last edited:
Thank you for the replies. I had forgotten I had posted this (alot going on right now). I was playing some Deus Ex Mankind Divided and a notification from Steam came through about Cyberpunk 2077. They have added an exclusive story for steam preorders, but nothing physical. I just saw that some digital orders might get some physical items and I thought I might jump on it. I'm still miffed at the CE fiasco (I absolutely refuse to give money to a scalper) and just didn't want to preorder anything. My little silent protest to not reward that kind of behavior. I would like to order from GOG but I like having everything linked to my steam archive. It's so easy to manage and their security is so robust. I've been on steam for almost a decade now and they have never failed me. I tried Epic and hated it. Don't even get me started on EAs Orion. I would like to buy on GOG and then link it to Steam so I can manage it there, but that's wishful thinking.

By preordering you give the developers extra cash to purchase copious amounts of blow for the release party.

Maybe not the execes, but the actual slaving workers sure do deserve it.

At least in my country the steelbooks were a preorder (or limited anyway) item for the retail copies. Apparently there is a Day 1 version of the game that includes them and any additional copies that are made in the future won’t have that offer. I am not sure if that is also true for the rest of the physical goodies included.

There are some DLCs planned AFAIK. Some are free, there'll be paid expansions as well. I think they're following the Withcer 3 business model - minor content updates are free, the paid ones will add substantial content to the game.

I searched for pre order bonuses here but all I can find are hundreds of posts talking about what people would like.
There are no pre-order bonuses. Steam has a unique digital short story for all purchasers. GoG has a unique digital comic for all purchasers. So far as I know the digital versions of the game come with all digital goodies in the game files. I am not aware of any physical bonuses for non-physical copies of the game.

In the physical game pack it gives you a link to download a DLC, when you go to the website it gives a 404 Error?? So i am trying to get this resolved but CD Project Red don't make it easy to contact them, i am on Xbox so i am hoping its an Auto download once the game is installed..

Since no DLC have been released yet I presume this becomes useful only in the future and has no practical purpose just yet.

Top Bottom