Question on ranking

+
In the past few weeks I've tried getting a MMR ranking or whatever you call it, for the first time. I can't say that I was doing well but out of curiosity I looked at the leader board for Africa, which is not my region. The #1 for that region (or, at least, in the top 8) had pretty much identical numbers to me. The same number of wins. The same number of losses. They had one more draw than me though. It's not the first time in recent days that I've noticed this. I.e. people with similar or worse stats than me being on the first page of the leader board while I'm miles below them. What's going on there?

I've played all factions the minimum required number of times for the ranking, i.e. at least 25 games each.

ya1

Forum regular
The regional leaderboards are bogus. The only one that matters is the one you get by clicking PRO RANK at the bottom of the screen.

FYI the position on the leaderboard is decided not by the number of wins and loses but by the sum of peak MMR from your top 4 factions.

The regional leaderboards are bogus. The only one that matters is the one you get by clicking PRO RANK at the bottom of the screen.

FYI the position on the leaderboard is decided not by the number of wins and loses but by the sum of peak MMR from your top 4 factions.

Well, the Pro Rank leaderboard leaves me out of it!

Before I logged out today, I had a look at the #1 North American player and I've got one less win, loss and draw for each category. It's strange if someone with practically identical stats would have a peak MMR rating better enough than mine to be #1, whereas I'm miles away. Speaking of which...

The leaderboard has "#" and "MMR" categories. How are you supposed to read those, as far as where you are on the leaderboard?

ya1

Forum regular
The leaderboard has "#" and "MMR" categories. How are you supposed to read those, as far as where you are on the leaderboard?

Like I said, regional leaderboards are bs. I took another look, and it seemed like random users in random order.

Like I said, regional leaderboards are bs. I took another look, and it seemed like random users in random order.

Is it officially acknowledged that the leaderboards are bs? I found out that you can click on names on the leaderboard and get more info, so I had another look at the #1 North American player, which is maybe the same guy as I saw yesterday. As of a few minutes ago, I have 7 more wins than them, an equal number of losses and one less draw than them. Their ID showed that their peak and current faction scores are at least 1741, they've played at least 25 games with 5 factions and their last faction, has only played 4 times, but it's on a rating for both of 1750, I think.

I don't see how I could have a near identical record to them, slightly better, in fact, but have vastly different peak and current faction ratings. I've got a few current faction rankings below 1,000, I think.

The matchmaking is still weird. Previously I peaked at Rank 10 and deliberately let it slip to Rank 21. I'm now up to Rank 7. Is that when the rules change for how it works? Anyway, the weird thing is I'd get stuffed about in matches with consecutive opponents just spanking me all the time. Recently it seems like the matchmaking system has taken pity on me. It all feels like BS in any case. Glad I didn't have to faff about too much getting to 7. It looked dodgy for me, into round 3 with two less cards in my hand. The matchmaking helped as I managed to Rank up to 7 with the win bonus. Using my old Nil 'Too much poison is barely enough poison' deck. That was the deck which kept getting hammered when I first reached Rank 10 and just got fed up being spanked every time in ranked matches and switched to other modes. I dunno.

Is it officially acknowledged that the leaderboards are bs? I found out that you can click on names on the leaderboard and get more info, so I had another look at the #1 North American player, which is maybe the same guy as I saw yesterday. As of a few minutes ago, I have 7 more wins than them, an equal number of losses and one less draw than them. Their ID showed that their peak and current faction scores are at least 1741, they've played at least 25 games with 5 factions and their last faction, has only played 4 times, but it's on a rating for both of 1750, I think.

I don't see how I could have a near identical record to them, slightly better, in fact, but have vastly different peak and current faction ratings. I've got a few current faction rankings below 1,000, I think.

The matchmaking is still weird. Previously I peaked at Rank 10 and deliberately let it slip to Rank 21. I'm now up to Rank 7. Is that when the rules change for how it works? Anyway, the weird thing is I'd get stuffed about in matches with consecutive opponents just spanking me all the time. Recently it seems like the matchmaking system has taken pity on me. It all feels like BS in any case. Glad I didn't have to faff about too much getting to 7. It looked dodgy for me, into round 3 with two less cards in my hand. The matchmaking helped as I managed to Rank up to 7 with the win bonus. Using my old Nil 'Too much poison is barely enough poison' deck. That was the deck which kept getting hammered when I first reached Rank 10 and just got fed up being spanked every time in ranked matches and switched to other modes. I dunno.
I dont know exactly, but as far as i know, The mmr in pro is diferent than in The others ranks.

So If you are rank 7 you cant compare with pro players untill you get pro.

Hi,

i am a little puzzled how the ranking system works. Its not about the Basics. I think i got them.

My Problem is (see attched File) that i dont unterstand, how a player with a nearly equall amount of wins, but double as much losses, can rank higher than me.

So i think i missed one essential factor or is it possible to exploit the system ?

Thanks to everyone who is able to lighten my darkness :)

Attachments

• Gwent Rank.pdf
    431.3 KB · Views: 51
Base score changes based on the level you start from at the start of the season.
If you are at level 20 you will never get the MMR scores of a player who started at level 5

Another mystery to me ... - The first 5 Players have less mmr points than the players on postion 6 down to over 100.

Attachments

• Gwent.pdf
    337 KB · Views: 87
Top Bottom