Question on when to buy legendary weapons armor stuff from vendors / or upgrade them?

+
So say I want to buy a legendary Katana from the weapons vendor next to V's apartment:
1.) I noticed with every level up price of the weapon goes up but stats (scaling?) goes up as well?
2.) With every level up of your character does the weapon scale up or stay in stats/ str at the time you bought it?
3.) Upgrading a gold/ legendary is extremely difficult from a crafting side because you need gold components which are not really available?

So with these three points when should you buy a gold/ legendary weapon if you want one? And does it make sense to buy it early when price is low or later when price is high?

Thanks!

NEVER

There are a lot of loot out there to be found. i rushed a "animals" den and got two legendaries on level 18
and those weapon scale with the character as well.

i have wasted so much eddies on so much scrap

Never bought any. Only bought a couple of legendary mods (before getting the level 16 tech ability perk that refunds mod from disassembled items) and some legendary cyberware.
Then got to level 18 tech ability and started to craft my own legendary weapons.

If anything just buy the legendary crafting blueprints if you find them. I'd say don't bother with clothing blueprints at all and only buy weapon / drug crafting blueprints. It's ok to buy weapon mods here and there as they are usually cheap enough but no reason to go overboard. If you find any weapons or clothes with mods simply remove them if you can before scrapping or selling the item.

Just replace weapons with found ones that are better quality until you either have enough money to not care about money or you hit the cap and items stop leveling so it doesn't matter any more. If you see something you really, really want and have the money then yeah, go ahead and buy it for fun.. but there's no real need for you have to buy things.

Last edited:
Upgrading epic or higher tier stuff is not really worth it in my opinion. I guess you can try if you really like something, but getting a lower tier item with better stats is really easy in a level or two. On the other hand, upgrading epic or legendary requires really rare components and offers very little improvement. Not to mention mods seem buggy.

I daresay the system will be balanced in the future better.

ps. Leveling is a sucky mechanic.

Top Bottom