Question Regarding Ciri and Nilfgaard (End Game Spoilers)

+
Question Regarding Ciri and Nilfgaard (End Game Spoilers)

If Ciri ends up becoming Empress of Nilfgaard at the end of Wild Hunt, does she go on to wed Morvran Voorhis? Or does she rule without a consort?

Voorhis hints earlier on in the game that, if Emhyr abdicates, he is to marry Cirilla and become emperor, but I don't know if that was just empty boasting.

We don't know, however one of the leaked endings was the Ciri marries. Who? No mention as far as I know.

As I like Voorhis, I think that he and Ciri might actually be a good match. Politically Voorhis has ties to the NIlfgaardian nobility and has spent his life involved in the empire's politics, two things that Ciri lacks. He also seems a competent general. On a personal level he seems rather down to earth for an aristocrat and is one the friendlier characters.

Last edited:
We don't know, however one of the leaked endings was the Ciri marries. Who? No mention as far as I know.

As I like Voorhis, I think that he and Ciri might actually be a good match. Politically Voorhis has ties to the NIlfgaardian nobility and has spent his life involved in the empire's politics, two things that Ciri lacks. He also seems a competent general. On a personal level he seems rather down to earth for an aristocrat and is one the friendlier characters.

I agree that Voorhis is likeable enough, and he seems like a decent guy, but I'm not sure if he and Ciri would be a good match ...

For some reason I see her as more of an Elizabeth I kind of ruler. Voorhis gives me the impression that he would try to control Ciri and dictate policy, and I can't picture her tolerating that.

It's Voorhis according to the leaked documents.

Nice, thanks, the picture I saw had that part cropped out apparently! That settles that then! Can't say I am not happy about getting that confirmed. :)

For some reason I see her as more of an Elizabeth I kind of ruler. Voorhis gives me the impression that he would try to control Ciri and dictate policy, and I can't picture her tolerating that.

I feel like Ciri would be the type of ruler that cares deeply about some issues and would butt head with anybody that dared oppose, but wouldn't care too much about wheter the empire will tax the possession of more than 3 horses.

The problem is that I think Voorhis sees Ciri as the consort rather than the reverse.

Poor bastard.

The problem is that I think Voorhis sees Ciri as the consort rather than the reverse.

Poor bastard.

I'd like to actually see more interaction between the two, maybe in Blood and Wine. As it stands, most comes down to personal interpretation.

It's Voorhis according to the leaked documents.

Thanks for attaching that. When it says "Radowid dead, W4 dead" and "Radowid dead, W4 alive," to whom is "W4" referring?

Personally, I don't see Emhyr continuing to rule as a bad thing. Sure, he employs violence to get rid of traitors and squash internal dissent, but he allows Temeria to essentially remain autonomous (as long as they pledge loyalty to Nilfgaard), the north is united under one banner, and Radowid's witch hunts come to an end. Seems like the land more or less prospers under his rule.

Thanks for attaching that. When it says "Radowid dead, W4 dead" and "Radowid dead, W4 alive," to whom is "W4" referring?

Personally, I don't see Emhyr continuing to rule as a bad thing. Sure, he employs violence to get rid of traitors and squash internal dissent, but he allows Temeria to essentially remain autonomous (as long as they pledge loyalty to Nilfgaard), the north is united under one banner, and Radowid's witch hunts come to an end. Seems like the land more or less prospers under his rule.

Ugh... so W4 confirmed.

How much do I want Emhyr dead?

My Geralt spared Dijkstra's life and walked away, SOLELY because it meant that he would weaken Nilfgaard enough that, hopefully, Emhyr wouldn't be able to come after Ciri.

Geralt is THAT much of a Papa Wolf.

I can't help but imagine a cold black smile when he heard Emhyr was assassinated for it.

---------- Updated at 06:23 PM ----------

Ugh... so W4 confirmed.

Was there ever any doubt?

How much do I want Emhyr dead?

My Geralt spared Dijkstra's life and walked away, SOLELY because it meant that he would weaken Nilfgaard enough that, hopefully, Emhyr wouldn't be able to come after Ciri.

Geralt is THAT much of a Papa Wolf.

I can't help but imagine a cold black smile when he heard Emhyr was assassinated for it.

---------- Updated at 06:23 PM ----------

Was there ever any doubt?

I ended up with the same ending as you for the most part: Ciri as Witcher and romanced Triss (if I remember correctly, that's who you chose). The only difference is that I let Emhyr live. I actually liked Dijkstra and his character, but he doesn't seem to be a very effective ruler. He expands industry in the north but basically rules like Stalin. Also didn't like the way he threatened to kill Roche and Ves.

I didn't see Emhyr as a threat because Geralt, as least as far as I could tell, convinced him that Ciri is dead. At any rate, I think she is capable of defending herself. By the end of the game she has pretty much matured into her own.

I really like the drawing for the Emhyr assassination ending, but I also want Emhyr to stay alive to make more trouble in the future. He just didn't feel resolved in TW3. I also wanted to see him talk to Ciri more.

Last edited:
I dont see Ciri maried with Morvan they are to diferent, this is why i love to end the game with Ciri as a withcer cause with this ending there is no one trying to control her: the lodge, Emhyr or Morvran. this way she does what she really love: killing monsters stay in company of friend in a tavern with some spicy wine. To bad we cant see al this things cause this game has no post end-game content ç_ç come on CDPRED do something.

Last edited:
What do we know about Morvran? I tried putting together a list from things running from things that are openly stated to my interpretation.
-Glossary text: Commander of the Alba division (I have been trying to figure out how many men are under his command.) an officer of the highest rank and a pure-blooded aristocrat, one who with pride could call himself a Nilfgaardian, a designation reserved only for native-born inhabitants of capital and its immediate surroundings.
-He is likely from Nilfgaard proper (though his accent is rather unique) and knows much about the politics there. Unlike his father or some of his friends like Gerdoff he doesn't obsess about them all the time though, which might expain why he just hangs out in Novigrad.
-Both he and his father are close to the emperor.
-He likes racing horses and horses in general as he finds them to be far more honest than men.
-He doesn't believe in neutrality and thinks that trying to straddle the fence is dangerous.
-He believes that he has a good shot at marrying Ciri because of his father's clout and his noble birth (his family has ties to the var Emreis family).
-While he sees national interests as a good reason for hunting down Letho, he is also morally bothered about Geralt killing Sile or handing Radovid control of the lodge.
-Both his Gwent card and some of his dialogue are rather sentimental.
-From his design I'd say he doesn't sleep much as he is one of the few characters with dark eyelids.
-In the books he is mentioned as being very young/underage when the opposition considers putting him on the throne after overthrowing Emhyr, so he is maybe in his 20s in the game.

Might add some more stuff later, this is just what I could think of at the moment.

Last edited:
I'm saying that Ciri yes is emperors daughter but she is a very different from nobles, she just want to hunt monsters, make money and dring some spicy wine near a campfire. This is the Ciri i like the withcer one, the one that has no one that tells her what to do but do what she want. Oh one more thing Ciri loves women (rose tattoo) this is good cause no idiot will try to merry her and use her. This is just my opinion.

That's fair. The Ciri that becomes a witcher and the Ciri that becomes empress are different after all.

That's fair. The Ciri that becomes a witcher and the Ciri that becomes empress are different after all.
I can't speak for anyone else but finding out I'm the heir to the largest Empire on the continent would change me, I'd change to a more rational person (I guess this, can't know for sure) so maybe Ciri, when alerted to it, and then seeing the war won in her father's favor, changes her.

Top Bottom