Question regarding Ciri/Avallach timeline.

+
Question regarding Ciri/Avallach timeline.

I'm replaying the game, and this is something I'm paying more attention too, to my understanding Ciri and Avalallach were in Skellige, at which point they battled the wild hunt, during the battle a curse was placed on Avallach, he caused an explosion, and either he or Ciri tried to teleport them both but got separated and wind up in Velen.

My question is, how was Ciri aware of this curse and in such details amid all the chaotic battling? And why would it such a serious priority that she gets caught up in Novigrads underworld to try and reverse it? It seems she should have been more worried about finding Geralt or Yen and evading the hunt than trying to lift a curse she would barely know anything about or how serious it would be, or if it even worked.

Also, why did Avallach leave Ciri with Skjall and what was he doing during that time? Why didn't he just take her straight to The isle of mists instead of waiting around for her to meet him at drowned dead rock?

GerardofRiviera;n9519101 said:
My question is, how was Ciri aware of this curse and in such details amid all the chaotic battling? And why would it such a serious priority that she gets caught up in Novigrads underworld to try and reverse it? It seems she should have been more worried about finding Geralt or Yen and evading the hunt than trying to lift a curse she would barely know anything about or how serious it would be, or if it even worked.
Also, why did Avallach leave Ciri with Skjall and what was he doing during that time? Why didn't he just take her straight to The isle of mists instead of waiting around for her to meet him at drowned dead rock?

My question is, how was Ciri aware of this curse and in such details amid all the chaotic battling? The curse was probably heard by Ciri or at least part of it yes her knowledge of curses may be limited but she was brought up and trained as a Witcher minus the trials . So Ciri would know where to get the information she needed .

And why would it such a serious priority that she gets caught up in Novigrads underworld to try and reverse it? I don't think they were planning on stopping for an extended stay . Avallach knew where the better jump points were as well as being a protector to Ciri he was teacher and navigator . Ciri knew at the time she couldn't doeverything or continue running with out his help. If things went according to plan there would have been no contact with anyone and Ciri didn't want to draw trouble to Geralt or Yen .

Also, why did Avallach leave Ciri with Skjall and what was he doing during that time? Why didn't he just take her straight to The isle of mists instead of waiting around for her to meet him at drowned dead rock? Avallach left Ciri with Skjall because he was going to secure transportation . I think they planned on going together but the argument by the boat was probably about saving the village . Avallach was near the end of his ability to fight the curse and bam took Ciri out and to the Isle of Mist. That also goes without saying if there was any magic used related to jumping the Wild Hunt would have followed them to the Isle . I think the timeline gets fuzzy because there is no mention of how far behind Avallach Ciri is when she gets in Velen . I think in part Ciri was doing the stuff in Novigrad to pass time until she got a message from or to Avallach if she found away to break curse all the better .

Last edited:
GerardofRiviera;n9520221 said:
That makes sense, thank you. I do wish there was a little more elaboration on Ciri's path, but I do still love the game.

Made small change to previous but another thing is Ciri could have jumped in a slightly different time frame which would have allowed for the difference in appearance of Avallach's time frame . I think by the time you are done with bloody baron quest line the time lines are synced . She knows where Avallach's hideout is but just misses him or that Avallach waited in his hideout for most of Ciri's time line . Either way Avallach had to keep moving the curse was advancing and hope that Ciri would be able to meet up with him before it was too late . The final jump back to Skellige was more than likely performed by Ciri so she needed recovery time and Avallach chose the first person he came across to take care of it . Either way when Avallach took Ciri's consciousness it was a big gamble because he was on his way out from the curse and a chance for recovery was slim by him to recover Ciri .

Top Bottom