Question regarding the Collector's Edition of Cyberpunk 2077

+
But the collectors edition at least for the PC does not contain the game - it only contains a download code (and other stuff). There is no reason why the code couldn't be given in advance, as download becomes available only when the game actually launches.
It would make no sense to send a code five months prior to release, and it would make no sense to send CEs five months prior to game release. Simple as that, and the delay is no doubt the sole reason.

Also, I'm not sure what you say is even how it works. Codes associated with a non-existent game sounds unlikely.

Last edited:
It would make no sense to send a code five months prior to release, and it would make no sense to send CEs five months prior to game release. Simple as that, and the delay is no doubt the sole reason.

Also, I'm not sure what you say is even how it works. Codes associated with a non-existent game sounds unlikely.

1.) Why? Is there a logical reason why the CE would contain something that couldn't be created right now?

2.) The point as far as I see, was sending the CE slightly in advance, so the game would be playable at the same time as those who bought the digital copy. I dont think the discussion was about "5 months in advance". Mail isn't that slow.

I dont think the discussion was about "5 months in advance".
That's exactly what it was... and you're ignoring the part I added in. I even went as far as checking how much in advance I got my preorder of Blood & Wine that came with a code. One day prior to release. One day. I seriously doubt codes associated with Cyberpunk even exist yet.

And in any case, I have zero interest in such a pointless debate.

Thank you guys. for the moment there may be a solution. after taking the problem to CDPR i made contact with a regional distributor and things might be solved.
Appreciate the help!
Best wishes!

hello I have pre-ordered from amazon.de , do you know what is the localization of the printed material ? Is it in German or English ?

Thanks

Collector's edition has popped up again on EB games site (Australia). Surprise, surprise...

Seriously considering letting my pre-order slide.

Collector's edition has popped up again on EB games site (Australia). Surprise, surprise...

Seriously considering letting my pre-order slide.

This is likely a result of the vendors intentionally withholding product to maximize sales closer to launch. (Personally, I have no idea, but I haven't heard anything about additional Collector's Editions being produced.)

This is likely a result of the vendors intentionally withholding product to maximize sales closer to launch. (Personally, I have no idea, but I haven't heard anything about additional Collector's Editions being produced.)
Yep...hence the "Surprise, surprise..."

They have been doing that for yonks. "Final units" once again. My arse...Last of Us II collector's is still up.

Simple as that? Huh. Thanks.

No one but you can answer the question of whether or not it's worth it. If you want it and you can afford it, do it. It's more than just a copy of the game. Look up what it has and decide for yourself.

No one but you can answer the question of whether or not it's worth it. If you want it and you can afford it, do it. It's more than just a copy of the game. Look up what it has and decide for yourself.

In fact, I really want it, but I am not fun of the figure, because of that I have a second thought about it. Thank you, too. :)

Simple as that? Huh. Thanks.

Sorry, it wasn't meant to be aggressive. I just know from myself: If I'm asking myself if something is worth it, it usually isn't, at least for me.
So while I don't care if someone buys the CE or not, why should I (or in this case: you) care for some random guy's on the internet (like me) opinion?

Its's obviously expensive and if you a) had more money than you need or b) wouldn't even question if you should buy it, then you should buy it. But if you ask yourself that, then the answer is – in short:

No.

;)

Sorry, it wasn't meant to be aggressive. I just know from myself: If I'm asking myself if something is worth it, it usually isn't, at least for me.
So while I don't care if someone buys the CE or not, why should I (or in this case: you) care for some random guy's on the internet (like me) opinion?

Its's obviously expensive and if you a) had more money than you need or b) wouldn't even question if you should buy it, then you should buy it. But if you ask yourself that, then the answer is – in short:

No.

;)

I didn't think it was an aggressive answer. I usually ask this type of questions when I can't decide what should I do. I do love contents of CE, btw. Except that figure.

:D

I didn't think it was an aggressive answer. I usually ask this type of questions when I can't decide what should I do. I do love contents of CE, btw. Except that figure.

:D

Thanks for not misunderstanding me (y) (Happens too often).

And maybe I have the ideal answer for you: If you have enough money, and the only thing holding you back is that figurine: You should still buy it. Maybe you know someone or will find someone who likes figurines like that or would like to have it but doesn't have enough money etc.
Then you could give it to them as a gift. It's a win-win situation: You have all the rest of CE, and that person has something s/he likes. And you know that figurine isn't "wasted" on you.

The statue of V has him duel wielding...

Duel wielding is out, so I am sooo close to out too. It's just not right.

Think I'm gonna flip a coin on it.

Greetings.

So I got a question: The collectors edition game key is a gog key we all know that, but do we know if it's going to be a collectors edition key or is it just a normal/base game key?

I like the gog platform, but I prefer keeping my stuff on Steam so I was thinking if it's going to be the exact same key as one you would get on steam, I'll just buy the game itself there that way I can preload and play as soon as it's available (1am release date here in Hungary), can upload my screenshots and all that, and just give the collectors edition key to my girlfriend.

Greetings.

So I got a question: The collectors edition game key is a gog key we all know that, but do we know if it's going to be a collectors edition key or is it just a normal/base game key?

I like the gog platform, but I prefer keeping my stuff on Steam so I was thinking if it's going to be the exact same key as one you would get on steam, I'll just buy the game itself there that way I can preload and play as soon as it's available (1am release date here in Hungary), can upload my screenshots and all that, and just give the collectors edition key to my girlfriend.

Uh, well the CE doesnt include ANYTHING in game so yeah just the base game key.

Top Bottom