Question to the ultimate bonus for the grandmaster ursine gear

+
Question to the ultimate bonus for the grandmaster ursine gear

Hello,

I have a question to the ultimate bonus for the grandmaster ursine gear.

There is written: "Damage dealt by Abilities involving the Quen Sign is increased by 200%"

How can I interpret: ... dealt by Abilities involving the Quen Sign ...?

Does it means it increased only the damage for (highest) Quen Discharge? Or is it so, that by activating the normal exploding quen shield all damage by weapons or signs is increased by 200%?

Thanks forward for answering and helping.

iCake

Forum veteran
Well, I think the description is straight-forward enough. Any quen upgrades that make it deal damage will be 200% more effective. The other signs and weapons are not affected.

This is a little difficult, because I only checked it with Leshen decoction and with Quen and only Leshen decoction. And yes I noticed the difference. But now

1. i have found the ultra ulimate silver sword introduched again in B&W and I want to use it. So
2. i leave all armor gear sets with their boni and wear only the best highest armors. And because I am really near to the end of B&W (I have only the main-quest and the two gwent quests and one witcher contract quest.
3. But your are right. I want to check it really, too. So because I have time and further save-games I wilt test it immedialely and tell results here shortly. Promised.

This is a little difficult, because I only checked it with Leshen decoction and with Quen and only Leshen decoction. And yes I noticed the difference. But now

1. i have found the ultra ulimate silver sword introduched again in B&W and I want to use it. So
2. i leave all armor gear sets with their boni and wear only the best highest armors. And because I am really near to the end of B&W (I have only the main-quest and the two gwent quests and one witcher contract quest.
3. But your are right. I want to check it really, too. So because I have time and further save-games I wilt test it immedialely and tell results here shortly. Promised.

thanks ^^
cant wait to hear the results

So first results with my Level-build of 52 with exploding shield 3/3, quen intensity 5/5 and quen discharge 5/5 against a 43 level boar. (I have not studied the alternate shield.)

1. With Leshen decoction and active quen with the ultimate quen bonus of the full grandmaster bear gear (6 pieces): The boar was killed after 12/13 collisions
2. With Leshen decoction and with only normal quen (I put down the grandmaster bear swords): The 43 level boar was killed after 16/17 collisions.

You see, there is a difference.

But perhaps this is not really 100% clear, because the highl-level monster of toussaint appears only in herds, I will checked it with an single low level monster, too. (Hoping it will not die after the first collison. Then I must found a single middle level monster. Please wait then)

So first results with my Level-build of 52 with exploding shield 3/3, quen intensity 5/5 and quen discharge 5/5 against a 43 level boar. (I have not studied the alternate shield.)

1. With Leshen decoction and active quen with the ultimate quen bonus of the full grandmaster bear gear (6 pieces): The boar was killed after 12/13 collisions
2. With Leshen decoction and with only normal quen (I put down the grandmaster bear swords): The 43 level boar was killed after 16/17 collisions.

You see, there is a difference.

But perhaps this is not really 100% clear, because the highl-level monster of toussaint appears only in herds, I will checked it with an single low level monster, too. (Hoping it will not die after the first collison. Then I must found a single middle level monster. Please wait then)

what collisions means?
sadly it seems that the ursine grandmaster bonuses are the worst

manticore and wolf comes second

and the best are feline / griffin

im gonna try level up some more because i need to get the NG+ grandmaster items fast so i can test builds/gear and such

Collisions means I let the monster only rebound on me.

But I must say. there is someting wrong. Becaue I have checked it with a single 12 level bear. And

1. With Leshen decoction and active quen with the ultimate quen bonus of the full grandmaster bear gear (6 pieces): The 12 level bear was killed after 13/15 collisions (I have checked it twice).

2. And With Leshen decoction and with only normal quen (I put down the grandmaster bear swords): The 12 level bear was killed after the same 13/15 hints on me.

THAT I don't understand. Perhaps I will check it on an third monster,too . But I am not really sujre

But I must I like the griffin ultimate armor gear mostly, too. Mainly because you can see really the ultimate bonus there.

PS AND Now it is really crazy (I have checked it really twice!!!)

against a single 9 level drowner

1. With Leshen decoction and active quen with the ultimate quen bonus of the full grandmaster bear gear (6 pieces): The 9 level drowner was killed after 9 hints on me

2. And With Leshen decoction and with only normal quen (I put really only the grandmaster bear swords down): The 9 level drowner was killed after only 4 hints on me.

That I really do not understand. I am totally helpless. What is it with the 200% ?

PPS After quit the game and loading the save game again with the same result ??? And I have noticed with the ultimate quen bonus the drowner suffer damage of ca. 98 points. (1.). And without the 200% bonsus the drowner suffer damage of ca. 300 points (2.) !!!! What happens there? (And no after three time testing I do not have changed the results by mistake. Really.)

And I must even say in all tested cases all armor pieces was 100% in good order.

PPPS So I have invested time and checked it again. And I can say. It depends on the Leshen decoction. Because without the Leshen decoction the damage values are allright.They are much lower, but as I said they are allright. Without the 200% bonus at the drownder at ca. 10 points, with the 200% bonus at 30 points. And for the single bear: Without the 200% bonus at ca. 35 and with the 200% bonus at ca. 110 points.

But why they are changed with Leshen decoction?

Last edited:
Top Bottom