Question

+
Question

So it looks like it's been years since anyone has posted on this board, so I will be the first in a loooooong time.

I want to play the first Witcher after playing 2 & 3. But I'm not a keyboard+mouse user. Anyone know of a controller mod or if it works out of the box with a controller?

Witcher 1 was made for computers so it's meant to be played with kb+ m. Long time ago I tried this mod out of curiousity, but I liked kb+ m controls more.

http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher/mo...age=1&sort=DESC&pid=0&thread_id=2803369&pUp=1

Thank you for the reply & link. Being 45 and one of the original GenX gamers, you would think I like the kb+m. But my hands never felt comfortable at rest on the keyboard, either left hand set up or right hand. That's the reason I stopped playing Star Trek Online, as well as some of the other online games. So the more I got used to my game system controllers, the more I started using them for my PC. But I never had a good gaming rig until this year and now that I do, I'm still using the controller.

Thanks again for your help.

Thank you for the reply & link. Being 45 and one of the original GenX gamers, you would think I like the kb+m. But my hands never felt comfortable at rest on the keyboard, either left hand set up or right hand. That's the reason I stopped playing Star Trek Online, as well as some of the other online games. So the more I got used to my game system controllers, the more I started using them for my PC. But I never had a good gaming rig until this year and now that I do, I'm still using the controller.

Thanks again for your help.

No problem. Glad to be of help. I hope that mod works well enough.

I just played the Witcher 1 and I too am a controller guy, what I found worked the best. I used a wireless mouse that actually uses a track ball, that way I could use the mouse when needed. And as for the controller; I first used a xbox360 wireless then changed to a DS4 controller hooked up via Bluetooth. I then downloaded the Program "joy to key" this program allowed me to program the buttons of the controller. It actually worked really really good! I set it up as close to the Witcher 3 setup for PS4 .

DontBlnkBadWolf;n135753 said:
So it looks like it's been years since anyone has posted on this board, so I will be the first in a loooooong time.

?

Not sure if you still need help with playing with a controller? If so see my post above

Wow, this got dug up from the past. I was just informed today about your, close to, year old posts.

Yeah, I got a XB1 controller to work for it. It worked quite well, actually. I used XPadder and a profile I found on the Nexus to make it work. I haven't used a PS controller since the first XBox was released and I stopped getting anything from the PS side of gaming. Thanks for the posts, wished I would have been notified before this, I don't like how it made me seam rude, or ignoring your helpful posts.

Top Bottom