questions about Monster Deck

+
questions about Monster Deck

OK... I'm still working my way through all of the solo challenges and now up to some wild Monster on Monster action. Now my deck is mainly a Wild Hunt/Bitter Cold deck and I'm not sure if I'm understanding something wrong or I found a glitch. The 1st couple of times I played a Wild Hunt Hound, I was able to "summon" a Bitter Cold event. These last two times... nothing happened. Does this have something to do with how many BCs are in your deck or the graveyard or something? And if so, is there any way to tell if there are any in there or when you play the hound, do you just have to kind of HOPE it will "summon" the cold. It totally affected my strategy because I was expecting it and I lost when it didn't happen.

Also... there's another card (I forgot what it is called) that has a "3" power and it's placed on the artillery line, that also says it will "summon" a bronze card... but it's done nothing any time I've ever played it.

Is something wrong... or do I just not understand what "summon" means in this game?

So no one has an answer to this? Anyone know why my Wild Hunt Hounds would not "summon" a bitter cold event even though it says it will on the card?

It should work providing you have a biting frost card in your deck still. Summon def. Play the specified card/s from your deck. I've used the hounds and it always work unless I had used all three biting frosts.

Thank you, sir. Then I guess my next question is, is there any way to know if there are any left in the deck before you play the card?

Err, counting, checking your graveyard, or using one of the card trackers. Should I say, third party tracking program/addons/mods.

Once you have more experience playing, knowing what you used is extremely important for like rally and indeed frost. It cost 30 scrap to craft some more.

I shouldn't need a 3rd party add-on. That's ridiculous.

I CAN look to see what's in my graveyard? Seems I tried clicking on it to see if it would flip the cards for me and nothing happened. How does this work? I'm using a controller, BTW. I'll play around with it when I fire it up again.

So the definition of SUMMON in this game is that it will "summon" the card... IF it is in either the DECK or the GRAVEYARD. <<< Have I got that right?

In the game I lost, I used the leader card to bring back a card from the graveyard. I had some higher-powered cards in there, but I picked the Wild Hunt Hound because I THOUGHT that the Bitter Cold just came with the card. So unless I have extra BC cards lurking somewhere, that's a useless move, I guess.

Last edited:
darkheath;n8779750 said:
I shouldn't need a 3rd party add-on. That's ridiculous.

I CAN look to see what's in my graveyard? Seems I tried clicking on it to see if it would flip the cards for me and nothing happened. How does this work? I'm using a controller, BTW. I'll play around with it when I fire it up again.

So the definition of SUMMON in this game is that it will "summon" the card... IF it is in either the DECK or the GRAVEYARD. <<< Have I got that right?

In the game I lost, I used the leader card to bring back a card from the graveyard. I had some higher-powered cards in there, but I picked the Wild Hunt Hound because I THOUGHT that the Bitter Cold just came with the card. So unless I have extra BC cards lurking somewhere, that's a useless move, I guess.

No I think summon means only from deck. I think if you mean Eredin, he spawns one meaning it doesn't come from your hand/deck/graveyard. I would have to check the wording of the foglets for spawns/summons but they must have some other tag or just in the description. Graveyard viewing might be just clicking for me on pc, don't remember if left or right click for console I have no idea sorry.

OK... I found the graveyard view. Pull the right trigger. That's helpful. As is "X" for viewing the last card played.

Only the deck. Got it. Thanks. It makes a huge difference on strategy.

And yes, Eredin does bring on another unit... though I didn't get to choose so I have no idea from where it came.

You should have, it should let you choose between a hound, a navigator, a warrior or a rider of the wild hunt. It's spawned so let's assume Eredin's sphincter. Not lore appropriate though.

Ha!

Speaking of that... not the sphincter part... the Navigator card says it with "summon" something, too. But nothing has every happened when I played it.

The navigator pulls one from your deck, as in if you have a hound on the board and a hound in your deck you can pick it and the navigator plays another hound from your deck. Basically, it draws a couple of an ally on the board, providing there's another one in your deck to pull.

Spawn means magically comes to existence, summon means you need one from your deck. Also, strength means the card gets stronger even on grave and brought back, boost is temporary. Weaken is opposite to strengthen, damage opp to boost. Took me a long time to figure that out.

You should be very careful with the Navigator, technically her skill can only summon the hound, the warrior or another navigator card from the deck. The wild hunt riders don't count as copies, each one is a "diferent card" so the navigator will not call another rider from your deck.

The only time that a navigator will be able to call a rider from your deck is if you spawned one with Eredin skill and use the navigator to summon a "copy" of the spawned raider...

I personally only use navigator trough Eredin ability. It thins the deck nicely on wild wolfs as it will draw 2 cards from the deck into play
Balkri;n8787100 said:
The wild hunt riders don't count as copies, each one is a "diferent card" so the navigator will not call another rider from your deck.
Where did you get that idea? You can and absolutely will pull rider from deck if you got one on field and another on deck.

darkheath;n8787560 said:
Yeah... I may be dropping him from my deck, too.

I am thinking of swapping mine out also, really been struggling vs NG lately and the riders have been next to useless. I will probably swap out for the warrior instead, thoughts on this?

Top Bottom