Questions about pro rank

+
After somehow managing to climb the ladder and collecting the last piece of mosaic I would like to know more about the benefits of participating in pro-season.
I.e say I accept, and after the next season (february) I get kicked back to rank 5, by not maintaining the rating required for top 500. How many reward points will i get for the season in february?
- Also can I fall back to rank 1 if I loose a game at rank 0 ?
Sorry about the silly questions.
( the obvious benefits will be faster queue times :) )

Last edited:
So I am rank 3. I have been reading about pro rank, and I understand a lot of it, but there are still some blanks I would like filled in.

1. I read somewhere that you have to give personal information to CDPR to move from rank 1 to rank 0. Is it just my real name, or is there more to it.

2. When/if I reach the pro rank this season, they say I start in the middle. I have seen the leader board, my MMR is nowhere near as high as the pro rank people. Does it use a different metric?

3. Different sources say different things about what happens when the season ends. Some say the top 500 stay in pro and the rest go to rank 5. Others say that the top 200 stay and the rest go to rank 1. Does anyone know the correct info?

1. I have no idea what personal info they take. Sorry, can't help ya with that one.

2. When you hit pro rank the fMMR for each faction goes to 2400. I'm not sure if this is calculated based on the MMR in pro rank but it was 2400 this season. So whatever completion percentage you have done for each faction is based on 2400. This is why pro rank players have higher MMR compared to ranked ladder. It's set at a higher starting point.

3. To my knowledge it's top 500.

1. I have no idea what personal info they take. Sorry, can't help ya with that one.

2. When you hit pro rank the fMMR for each faction goes to 2400. I'm not sure if this is calculated based on the MMR in pro rank but it was 2400 this season. So whatever completion percentage you have done for each faction is based on 2400. This is why pro rank players have higher MMR compared to ranked ladder. It's set at a higher starting point.

3. To my knowledge it's top 500.

So right now I am just under 4500 MMR. I have completed 40+ with all five factions. So your saying my new MMR will jump to 2400*4 = 9600 + whatever value I have added by winning? Or does it start over and I need to complete more games on pro to get the points?

I have noticed that MMR doesn't change much per game ( +/- 8-10 is usually the biggest difference,) does it move faster in pro?

So right now I am just under 4500 MMR. I have completed 40+ with all five factions. So your saying my new MMR will jump to 2400*4 = 9600 + whatever value I have added by winning? Or does it start over and I need to complete more games on pro to get the points?

They go to 2400 immediately. So you will start at 9600. Even incomplete factions go to 2400 but you only get the percentage of it based on your completion percent. Kind of like how it works in ranked ladder.

I have noticed that MMR doesn't change much per game ( +/- 8-10 is usually the biggest difference,) does it move faster in pro?

5-8ish in my experience. I'm pretty sure it depends on the MMR of who you play against though. I'm also pretty sure who you get matched vs depends on the MMR value too. I could be wrong there though.

I was debating about pro rank system in some twitch chat stream and we had the following doubt:

If you reach pro rank during a season can you get kicked out during that same season?

once you reach rank 0 you will stay in rank 0 for the remainder of the season. I prefer to play on casual mode, as the probability of encountering weaker deck is higher, due to the leader challenge week. Easier games, higher win chance, faster grind. The chance that you manage to stay in top 500 is slim.

Top Bottom