Questions about the story of the heist.

+
Did Dex know that Evelyn was a puppet and the payment wouldn't come from her -this is quite obvious even when you have not seen TVB-? What was he planning to do with the Relic if everything had gone well?
As planned, let Evelyn sell the chip (One week or two), take the eddies and redistribute them (30/35 or 40%). For me, he wasn't planning anything (he hadn't foreseen the heist failure), since he doesn't even want the Relic when you tell him you have it in your head...
Honestly, the plan was good and the heist seems easy, without a ton of bad luck it would probably have gone well :)

What were the T-Bug intentions? Did she was aligned with Dex?
For me T-Bug was serious and wouldn't have betrayed V and Jackie, or even Dex. She just wanted to finish the heist, take eddies and leave Night City (for Crete).

Why Evelyn chose Dex to find the crew? Why not another fixer with a better reputation? Was she planning to frame all the crew?
Honestly, I don't know but :
- Other fixers might not have agreed to do the job (seriously risky).
- Dex had just returned (after 2 years of "exil"), so certainly offered "advantageous" prices.
- Finally, despite everything, Evy remained a "doll", very far from the fixers/gangs and other powers of the street... Despite what she suggests to the Lizzie :
"I like to know the people I work with..."
You just have to listen her talk to Brigitte in the BD to realize that : Good actress, but she's a real novice in crime...
All those big words to the lizzie, as they say in France, it's "flan" :D

why he hired two novice mercs ?
Not so sure, but I can suppose few things :)
If listen V and Jackie :
"Do you know the Fixers ?"
"Yes, they catch the cheapest guy there to do the job and throw his body in a landfill... "
Dex choose V and Jackie, because the Job seem "easy" and V and Jackie maybe are the cheapiest merc. (and we don't know if Dex is in good relation with other "famous" merc after his Pacifica's problems).
Or maybe for to betray them after the Heist, but we will never know... :D

Last edited:
I have more questions about the crew.

Did Dex know that the heist was going to go wrong anyway and that's why he hired two novice mercs? I assume it is, but this leads me to other questions:
  • Did Dex know that Evelyn was a puppet and the payment wouldn't come from her -this is quite obvious even when you have not seen TVB-? What was he planning to do with the Relic if everything had gone well?
  • What were the T-Bug intentions? Did she was aligned with Dex?
  • Why Evelyn chose Dex to find the crew? Why not another fixer with a better reputation? Was she planning to frame all the crew?

I don't think dex was planning for failure, he fronted his own money, and as we can see a job this big, he is risking his life as well. Also, only V would probably be considered a novice. T-bug seems pretty experienced, and although Jackie seems down to earth, he has been a merc for awhile by that point. Dex mentions that tbug and Jackie are known quantities. Also note, the lockdown may have limited his options, especially since its implied he isn't well regarded at the afterlife anymore.

However on the fixer side, I doubt he completely trusted Evelyn, however as fixer thats not uncommon, as he mentions if V says he is unsure about Evelyn. Fixer's job is to set up everything so that its difficult for people to screw each other over.

There must be some backstory we don't have, because dex came out of retirement for this, I actually wondered if VDBs somehow got him into it. Its also possible Evelyn is from Pacifica, and met dex there, I think there was rumors of him associating with people from Pacifica. This might explain why VDBs were willing to work with Evelyn. And possibly why they didnt try to attack her until her betrayal, also they didnt seem to try to kill her, instead punishing her by destroying her doll chip. (usually they seem to kill outsiders before they can betray them, not really revenge)

but yeah, a lot of those things we just won't know. or can only guess at

For Dex and Pacifica :
Royce : "The fat guy to fuck all of Pacifica"
If I remember, In Street Kid Path, Jackie talk about Pacifica "war". That Dex had miraculously come out of it, cause it was raining corpses.
I'm not sure Dex is really welcome in Pacifica at this time. But hey, we don't really know.

Dex about Evy :
"I had an investigation carried out on Evelyn from the Pacifica brothers, they told me to let it go"
Either the VDBs don't want to tell him anything :
Because Dex still "toasty" in Pacifica...
Or simply because anyone in Pacifica don't know about Biochip (even Placide don't know anything about the Biochip. Just Brigitte and very few VDBs).

Dex to Jackie/V about Evy probable betray :
"She's not the first and certainly not the last to want to play this... That's why you have a Fixer, whoever wants to fuck you will first have to go through Dex Deshawn's 150kg..."
I don't know if Dex really know Evy before, but the fact she can betray the "squad" is not too serious for him... :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom