Questions And Enquiries of a Troubled Mind

+
Questions And Enquiries of a Troubled Mind

Hello. My name is Chris and i have been abused by Weather for a long time now...oops, wrong topic and therapy group...

So i have some questions. This indicates my ignorance if not anything else, but also my thirst to learn more. So please inform me with facts, not assumptions if possible.

QUESTIONS:

- Why are there Tier Decks? I have been watching a lot of the top/pro players extensively talking and explaining things in CCG's but i can't understand why are there Tier Decks? Why this Faction or Archetype is Tier 1 while other are not? Is that a solid indication that the game is unbalanced? Shouldn't the game have at least one Tier 1 Deck for each archetype? Granted tis still kind of early (not something i would use though because going into OBT means you have a solid idea and feel everything is pretty much in good order!), still, let's say it is still early, ok.

- Is there a max cap a Bronze/Silver/Gold card has? In terms of str. potential that is.
I witnessed a huge increase in Skellige players and i can only wonder as to why that is. Then i see all their Bronzes, basically worth 15 to 20 points of str. Since CBT there was always a Faction or archetype that felt/was OP and the usual solution was nerfing. After to what happened to NG i guess this will be the next step for SK? Do you believe this tactic of permanently nerfing brings balance? Because to me it seems like an endless roller coaster. It was this Faction, not it's this Faction, in the Future it'll be another one and so on.

I guess eventually i am not a pro or exceptionally smart man but, i can understand and explain simple things. If it's a matter of balance, does Weather functionality plays any part? It is a spell as any other, but like no other it has a permanent effect on board. That made Devs create things they wouldn't have to if they change it's mechanics. They created units that clear Weather now, most of them have 0 synergy within their archetype. They created Armor, which similarly fits to only one Archetype, yet it is also Neutral. I do not claim to know the thought process of the Devs, it's not that i heard them talk or sharing their ideas and views about how they would like things to work (That means i am clueless on what type of feedback it would help, moreso since there have been tons of suggestions and ideas, which ultimately we saw none of them take shape in the so-called "Weather Update"). I am also old enough to know that somewhat this roller coaster has a normality in game that is in CBT.

Am i overreacting then, is my ignorance taking the best of me? Perhaps, but i do know that these changes take a toll out of me. Out of my F2P account. I just cannot keep up with the paying costumers and i know it'll get far worse when the paying Campaigns come. I guess in the end it's always about the same issue as in any other CCG. The only hope that if you invest in time you eventually keep up is false to me now. You just can't, "There is no spoon".

And i always feel that people that are not giving any feedback or suggestions about Weather is not just because they do not care, but because they have all the cards they need to experiment and create viable Decks. The only thing that i am trying to convince myself lately is that i have to realize that this genre is just not for me. Ethically or not. I see so many unnecessary things, i see huge lack of imagination in the design of many cards, lack of synergies and the same pattern when it comes to balancing. Nerf.

btw. Why did the Savage Bears went to 6 str. People were not using them enough? I am extremely interested to see the official data on everything, because then i'll understand if the changes the make in updates have any logic in them. Which Leaders are used more, which ones have the higher win ratio, cards too etc. etc. Shouldn't everything, more or less, be around 50%? Usually what happens is players accuse other players but i know that the only God of any game is the Dev. If anyone is abusing something is because there's something wrong and "God" is doing nothing or doing all the wrong moves. So i do not blame players for using meta decks and abusing one Faction or one archetype over the other, it's "God's" own fault.

And i am saying this with all the love that i have for CDPR. Loving someone is exactly being honest and critical about them. This helps someone evolve, get better. But again, i see so many people having no opinion or different opinion on these matters that ultimately i have to tell myself to stop caring anymore. Because i don't like pushing on something and have no backup. This is not a debate about Climate change, well, it is in a way. This is a video game. I guess i should stick to the RPG's CDPR is releasing and stop playing CCG's in general. I mean i consider them inherently flawed so why bother. I don't know, i just find something exciting in them. I would never design them this way though but that's a completely different topic.

Anyway, thanks and GL.

Hello, my name is Marko welcome to therapy. I got PTSD from seeing my playstyle removed because "REASONS"...
:cheers:

I understand where are you coming from but it seems no matter how much feedback is given it is not appreciated. I mean we spent CBT testing just for everything to get changed so drastically
to a point where everything that was established no longer has any meaning at least I would like to know why it was drastic. For me this is completely different game and I'm not sure if it is a good thing. Making decks and playing seemed like it was way more fun. We weren't forced to play X archetype and that is what bothers me most. I find it that game became simpler and became like other genric ccgs.

With that being said I think it still worth playing since if something we learned is that devs are not afraid to make drastic change if they feel like it.

Top Bottom