Jobs Support Register

Questions from a returning player

+
Hi! I’ve stopped playing after the midwinter update (does anyone still remember this or am I too old for my own good?) and decide to try Gwent again, but things are… weird to me.

1)For some reason I have zero cards and lots of scraps. Which are some good decks / archetypes to invest?

2)About ranked, ok, I understood the “ get 5 pieces of glass” thing, but where can I see the rewards for each rank/season?

3)Reward books, a big ‘elephant in the room’ to me: although the idea sounds good, once I do the most obvious/easy achievements, how would I gain more points?

Basically, that’s all my doubts for now, at least the biggest ones. Thanks!

I too have been away since around midwinter and am thinking of returning. I would like to add some questions if I could.

1. How does homecoming change/fix the coin flip?
2. Do you still lose rank points for losing ranked matches?
3. Is the game more stable? I used to get disconnected 1 out of every 15 to 20 games, yet never have had problems with any other game online.
4. Other than the reduction from 3 rows to 2 and the coin flip change, are there other fundamental changes I need to be aware of?

Edit to add 5th question. I played on my PS4, I am wondering if I could like my account to my laptop and play on my PC? I would only want to do this if I could keep my scraps and kegs (I would include cards, but from what I read above my collection was auto milled.)

Edit to add one more question. I was reading reviews on throne breaker and homecoming and it seems most of the people writing them are like me in that they played since the beta. It seems that on GOG the overwhelming opinion is the that the game is slower, fundamentally different, (with much less difference between factions,) and overall less enjoyable. I will not judge until I see for myself, but my question for players who have experienced both is versions, is what happened/changed to turn off so many players?

Thank you in advance to anyone who helps me by answering.

Last edited:
1. How does homecoming change/fix the coin flip?
The player who loses the coinflip (goes first) gets an Immune artifact that can be used to boost a unit by 5, plus they get an extra mulligan for round 1.

2. Do you still lose rank points for losing ranked matches?
Not points, but you can lose pieces of the mosaics. See this News post (the "Ranked 2.0" section in particular) for details.

4. Other than the reduction from 3 rows to 2 and the coin flip change, are there other fundamental changes I need to be aware of?
Plenty. See 4RM3D's post (especially the links in it) above for details. Also see this thread.

I played on my PS4, I am wondering if I could like my account to my laptop and play on my PC?
Not possible at the moment.

So I have gotten back into things and I have three more questions.

1. I got all the leaders using my very large number of scraps, but the reward node is still not filled in. Will this ever correct itself?
2. I am unclear about ranking up rewards. Do I get reward points (for the tree) for every individual rank, or just the new set of ranks, (i.e rank 25, 14, 7, and 0?
3. I never really tired arena before I stopped playing, what are the rewards?

So I have gotten back into things and I have three more questions.

1. I got all the leaders using my very large number of scraps, but the reward node is still not filled in. Will this ever correct itself?
2. I am unclear about ranking up rewards. Do I get reward points (for the tree) for every individual rank, or just the new set of ranks, (i.e rank 25, 14, 7, and 0?
3. I never really tired arena before I stopped playing, what are the rewards?

1. I did the same with ST leaders when came back but then filled the nodes with points to get to their trees. I doubt that u will
ever be able to fill the nods (and get access to the leader trees without geting to the nods with the reward points.

2. You get the reward points for every rank, for daily round victories bonus (6/12/24 - 2 point for each tier) and for completing the
contracts as well.

3. As a recently returning player myself (came back about a month ago) the arena is a great experience for learning the
cards. Lots of cards from different factions are played by u and ur oponent and its a great practice to get familiar with the
game again in a matter of couple of dozen matches. Not to mention that its a fun game mode.

Welcome back and have fun, looking forward to meet u on the battlefield (or at the table - its cards after all ;))