I'm back to the game, and need help getting started again

+
1. How does homecoming change/fix the coin flip?
The player who loses the coinflip (goes first) gets an Immune artifact that can be used to boost a unit by 5, plus they get an extra mulligan for round 1.

2. Do you still lose rank points for losing ranked matches?
Not points, but you can lose pieces of the mosaics. See this News post (the "Ranked 2.0" section in particular) for details.

4. Other than the reduction from 3 rows to 2 and the coin flip change, are there other fundamental changes I need to be aware of?
Plenty. See 4RM3D's post (especially the links in it) above for details. Also see this thread.

I played on my PS4, I am wondering if I could like my account to my laptop and play on my PC?
Not possible at the moment.

So I have gotten back into things and I have three more questions.

1. I got all the leaders using my very large number of scraps, but the reward node is still not filled in. Will this ever correct itself?
2. I am unclear about ranking up rewards. Do I get reward points (for the tree) for every individual rank, or just the new set of ranks, (i.e rank 25, 14, 7, and 0?
3. I never really tired arena before I stopped playing, what are the rewards?

So I have gotten back into things and I have three more questions.

1. I got all the leaders using my very large number of scraps, but the reward node is still not filled in. Will this ever correct itself?
2. I am unclear about ranking up rewards. Do I get reward points (for the tree) for every individual rank, or just the new set of ranks, (i.e rank 25, 14, 7, and 0?
3. I never really tired arena before I stopped playing, what are the rewards?

1. I did the same with ST leaders when came back but then filled the nodes with points to get to their trees. I doubt that u will
ever be able to fill the nods (and get access to the leader trees without geting to the nods with the reward points.

2. You get the reward points for every rank, for daily round victories bonus (6/12/24 - 2 point for each tier) and for completing the
contracts as well.

3. As a recently returning player myself (came back about a month ago) the arena is a great experience for learning the
cards. Lots of cards from different factions are played by u and ur oponent and its a great practice to get familiar with the
game again in a matter of couple of dozen matches. Not to mention that its a fun game mode.

Welcome back and have fun, looking forward to meet u on the battlefield (or at the table - its cards after all ;))

Hello, I took a long break from Gwent about a year ago perhaps? Either way I saw that there had been a big new update and wanted to get back into the game but kept putting off, Finally I updated and logged in and holy crap... I was expecting some changes but it's practically a new game! Almost every card has a new ability and they removed Radovid (Not cool) and yeh, in short, I just don't know what to do, I feel like I need to learn the game all over again but need to know where to start, I enjoy playing NR the most but I ran an armour/curse deck before I stopped playing, no idea if thats still a thing, is there any good youtube channels or sites that can help bring me up to scratch?

Thanks

PS: What is the bread/wine icon in the bottom right hand corner of the cards? what does it mean?

forget about everything you knew about game all you need to do in this game now is dealing damage to enemy board and buff your minions, also if still want to play it go twitch tv and watch streamers playing

I suggest you start with reading this: An Unofficial Gwent Glossary [1.2.2019]

Furthermore, some bullet points:
- Your whole collection has been auto-milled for full scrap value
- One row has been removed
- Only two copies of bronzes are allowed
- Silver cards are now epic gold
- All cards have changed including the archetypes
- You now have to manually pass the turn because you can play Order abilities or your leader ability on top of playing a card
- An Order is a delayed deploy effect that you can trigger at any time one round after you've played the card
- In March a big expansion is coming with a lot of new cards

I was in your shoes before and you need to know that there isn't shortcut... you will lose A LOT! I would advice you to not waste time watching how other people play on youtube (they already know how cards work) and instead build your deck (anything you think it will work it doesn't matter if it is bad) and play, play, play... until you get to know how other faction archetypes works. You will need couple of days for this, depending how long you play daily. Eventually, you can try to make some net-deck and try it out (if you have enough resources for all the cards) but i would leave that for later, when you know how most of the factions (and cards) works. You can check this:
https://gwentup.com/decks
https://teamaretuza.com/academy/

About bread/wine icon:
It's card's provision (new way to balance decks and leaders). Provision system caps the total power of a deck. So, all decks now have a base recruit cap of 150 and each leader adds its own value to increase that cap. A leader value of 15 + base deck cap of 150 = recruit cap of 165 for your deck ( you will see this in deck-builder menu).

Image bellow, example of leaders value (ignore last 4 cards on bottom of the image).

Last edited:
I was in your shoes before and you need to know that there isn't shortcut... you will lose A LOT! I would advice you to not waste time watching how other people play on youtube (they already know how cards work) and instead build your deck (anything you think it will work it doesn't matter if it is bad) and play, play, play... until you get to know how other faction archetypes works. You will need couple of days for this, depending how long you play daily. Eventually, you can try to make some net-deck and try it out (if you have enough resources for all the cards) but i would leave that for later, when you know how most of the factions (and cards) works. You can check this:
https://gwentup.com/decks
https://teamaretuza.com/academy/

About bread/wine icon:
It's card's provision (new way to balance decks and leaders). Provision system caps the total power of a deck. So, all decks now have a base recruit cap of 150 and each leader adds its own value to increase that cap. A leader value of 15 + base deck cap of 150 = recruit cap of 165 for your deck ( you will see this in deck-builder menu).

Image bellow, example of leaders value (ignore last 4 cards on bottom of the image).
tyvm for the in depth reply, I'll get crafting and put myself a deck together and see how I do, ooohh so the food/wine icon is to stop people from stacking legendary's then? so you can make your deck too top heavy. thanks for the info!

yea dude, but it was a cap on gold cards before hc if you remember, so now you can stack golds but it's just limited by number of 150 + 10-18

DRK3

Forum veteran
You'll have to relearn the whole game again, but if you had played even a small amount before, you'll be better than the poor starting players, who dont know anything about this new version like you, but are stuck with the shittiest starter decks imaginable with no scraps to craft decent cards, so at least you have that, OP.

I've started to play again less than two weeks ago, and it's been a chore to try to play again. My experience so far are : big monsters, big monsters, big monsters, a deathratle monsters, big monsters, big monsters, scoiatell buf, oh, a big msontes again, and now and then a pain in the ass skellige one. Please someone tell me this gets better...

I've started to play again less than two weeks ago, and it's been a chore to try to play again. My experience so far are : big monsters, big monsters, big monsters, a deathratle monsters, big monsters, big monsters, scoiatell buf, oh, a big msontes again, and now and then a pain in the ass skellige one. Please someone tell me this gets better...
Facing too many Big Monsters? Run a counter-deck.

Yes lets all switch to playing 5 Geralts all the time so MO players will finally be stopped! That's right everybody!
(ps. 5 geralts as an ->allegory<- of big monsters counter)

Just go to Team Artuza's website. It's all ANYONE does, it seems, because you simply will NOT face a deck that isn't pre-built.

Top Bottom