Questions from the Community – Gamescom 2014

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Balance Issues
What have you done to balance the gameplay and encounters in a huge open world without level scaling? How will you stop low level players from going where you don't want them too, or to where the story hasn't reached yet? I loved the Witcher 2 but I have to admit it had some balance issues and with a game as vast like The Witcher 3 , I'm worried.

World Size
There's a lot of conflicting information around,so can you give us the exact size in square kilometers, or miles about how big The Witcher 3 world is?35 times bigger sounds extremely vague, and there's some information around about one area being 8x8 km, it has been the subject of discussion a lot.

Last edited:
1. Did you came up with the idea how to solve piling up quest issue? The problem present in practically every open world RPG (you go to do a mission to place A picking up all available quests, then you go to place B, picking up all available quest you go to place C... And at some point you are standing in the middle of nowhere with dozens of active quests in your journal having absolutely no idea where to go and what to do).

2. Is there any other (other than crossbow) way to fight flying monsters (TW2 style maybe -> eg harpies)?

1: Ask about animations in general.
-Explanation: Ask them stuff like at what point they are with animations right now, and also if they can give us a bit of an overview of what we can expect from animations in the game, like what is done and what is still being added, have they finished the animations for dismemberment, sword strikes, running uphill, jumping, etc?and will they add further animations like knockdowns or rolling? will each enemy have a extensive repertoire of attack animations or will it be more like TW2 where enemies had very few attack and parry animations? Also ask the if they are still planing to add things like this(sword impalements)
http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2013...ighting_bandits_in_ard_skelig_psd_jpgcopy.jpg to the dismemberment animations (instead of having drowners chopped in half by thrusts), also if there will be any kind of finishing moves or kill animations or even maybe a coup de grace for downed monsters.
Note:This would be super effective on the mocap director with the glorious spun gold hair :thumbup:

2:Ask them to elaborate on how crafting and character customization will work.
-Explanation: will we be able to customize sword hilts and cross-guards, armor color or material, and horse saddles, etc ?Will there be cloaks after all?

Ps: @Kinley should be up there with the other holy saints of the forums, A.K.A. Moderators, we will finally get some actual info out of an interview :victory::hatsoff::cheers:

Last edited:
My questions
What mini games we will get to see again?
When did you create TW3 story? Before or after finishing TW2?
Questions I like from a crowd here
deeper explanations on poitions and bombs and possible changes
deeper explanation of witcher senses and possible changes
sex cards

1.) I know an earlier poster mentioned Difficulty Levels... but what will the options be? Will Dark Mode return (or something even more difficult *fingers crossed*), and what about a Hardcore mode that requires eating (i.e. hunting), drinking, possibly resting, etc?

2.) Another follow up regarding Orens... What will the balance to the economy look like? Will how many Orens we get/find, what we can spend it on, and how much is available be balanced so we don't end up with a huge amount and nothing really viable to buy?

1. Are there "pseudo acts", where after you complete important quest from the main story-line the world rapidly changes, or is the world progression (based on decisions) more smooth? While the map is still the same, are there any big (possibly political) changes over the course of the game, that have a huge impact on the environment?

2. Do books give you all info about monsters, or do you have to talk to NPCs (or do some unique action) for some additional information about monster's weaknesses?

How many languages will be available in the game? I'm a bit sceptical about Russian translation of the game and I want to know if there will be an option in the game to install another language for example English or I need to purchase non Russian version of the game?

1.) "Three different sets of movement animations let Geralt adjust his stance to match the dangers he faces. "
I am wondering if this part of combat is still in and if so,how will this affect attacks and combat in general? ( if at all ) Link for Info. http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-collectors-edition/115387 [Nice summary of Information for the game at that link.]

2.) Will the skill-tree's in Witcher 3 resemble Witcher 1 or Witcher 2 skill tree's? Or is Witcher 3 going for something entirely different?
Example for those who did not play Witcher 1:

Thank you Kinley for taking the time to do this,I think it's a fantastic idea. My thanks and appreciation to the Devs and @Marcin Momot for setting this whole thing up!

Last edited:
1. Will there be some quests involving intelligent creatures and monsters, which will have to be solved in non-violent way, like Geralt sometimes does in the books?

2. How challenging was it to create an open environment and world that is interesting and fun to explore, compared to the previous games where you could restrict where players went. Now you have the mindset "If you can see it, you can get to it", how difficult was that to implement, and still keep every area interesting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom