Questions from the Community – Gamescom 2014

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Questions from the Community – Gamescom 2014

(by @Sagitarii)

Kinley Fitz-Bearerlen, known to some as the REDpoint Baron, is a member of the Blachian aristocracy and ambassador to The Witcher Forums. He is known for his unsophisticated use of words which is considered comprehensible only to other bears and sidspyker.

After extensive talks, he has managed to acquire a pass for the business area at Gamescom and will be conducting interviews with the CD Projekt RED monarchs.
He will stop at nothing to offer the community the answers it wants and deserves.”

First of all I’d like to start with explaining the intention behind this little project:
Seeing all those E3 or Gamescom interviews, where precious interview time is wasted on questions and answers we’ve heard over and over here on the forums, it can be quite frustrating and I saw other people share my view. Don’t get me wrong, while they’re great for exposure and people that are not familiar with the series, we don’t get much out of them, maybe a tidbit of new information every five interviews or so. So the interview I’ll be conducting will be to the point and will feature the most prominent questions present on the forums. Been preparing this for a while now and I thought that with just over 3 weeks to go until Gamescom it would be an opportune moment to get this rolling.

So let’s get to the details. Managed to get quite a hefty interview slot and will be conducting interviews with multiple devs. It’ll be filmed and I’ll also add a written transcript here on the forums when I post the videos. I’ll try to ask questions that are relevant to the dev I’m interviewing (if I’m interviewing a level designer I’ll mostly ask questions regarding level design), but since I’m interviewing multiple devs hopefully all the questions asked here will get an answer.

With that said, here are some rules on how we’re going to do this (mainly so I’ll have an easier time gathering all the questions):

-let’s keep this thread for questions only, any other discussions (be it regarding the thread, questions or general off-topic) should be directed to this thread;

-read through the thread before posting a question, just to make sure something similar hasn’t been asked already;

-we’ll make use of the REDpoint system in order to sort the questions, so if you think a question is well thought out or you just like it, give it a REDpoint;

-limit your post to one or two questions, it will be easier to upvote and sort in the end.

That’s about it, if any aspect whatsoever changes I’ll let everyone know.

Thanks go out to @Marcin Momot and CDPR for guiding me through all of this and just making it possible.

Think hard and get asking!

Your friendly community bear,
Kinley​

MODERATOR : Please limit the questions to 2 per post . Any additional questions after the second shall be deleted .

Last edited:
you're hot

wait can't be off-topic...
so... "Do you consider changing character's look in future?"
"since the map is huge, there'll be some empty lands only to explore (I mean, without quests)?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Two questions that I believe need to be asked.

1- "Could you please explain the potion-bomb refilling system and how it will affect combat difficulty?"

2- "Can previous gear from the Witcher 2 be imported via a save file into Witcher 3?"

Other than that, good luck your excellency and spread the light of Blacha.

:cheers:

Can you slip the words cyber or punk into each interview at least once? Be careful about it, but you know, not obvious. Fly casual.

If I promise never to call you Kinl3y again, will you bring a marmot with you and never, ever refer to it or even acknowledge its existence while you silently stroke its silky fur? Please say yes.

Ask them how moddable the options menu will be - can we turn off killing blows, dynamic crosshair, quest hints, compass points, potions that heal, as options? Could that be cyber-added later if not?

Nice one, thanks for doing this.

So... the auto-refilling, infinite potions(/bombs/oils) thing that was mentioned and explained a little bit by Konrad Tomaszkiewicz during an interview at E3 - is this approach to the preparation/creation process of potions(/bombs/oils) set in stone and if so, how is it supposed to work exactly, particularly in regards to it breaking immersion and unnecessarily casualizing/trivializing the alchemy system?

In case auto-refilling is definitely going to stay - is there a chance for this approach being optional and you offering the player a less restrictive alternative (if there's still enough developement time left) that gives back control or basically allows for the choice over how, in what quantities and when to prepare/create potions(/bombs/oils)?

Last edited:
So my top 10 questions for CDPR:

1. Will there be quests which are not about killing at all like in the short stories? Will you be able to solve a good amount of quests without killing somebody?
2. Will corpses and blood stay on the screen until you leave the area if your PC is powerful enough to render that?

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Can Geralt climb some of the bigger monsters in combat, with or without his silver chain, if it's in the game?
2. Can we make Geralt jump and push attack in mid~air with his swords, and if so does this mean we will get a Dragon's Dogma style NG+ Mode and the option to turn off HUD on consoles?

Last edited:
1. Will the Witcher 3 be coming to Linux and/or OS X? Will it be native or feature a wrapper such as the one used with TW2 for on Mac OS X and Linux?

2. Was the poster shown below some elaborate joke or shown prematurely by mistake?

Aside: I still haven't seen any official word about the poster so if there has been feedback Glaroug would like to hear it :)

Last edited:
Well done Kinley. I hope I can word these right:

#1. In TW2, our combo was limited to a set number of strikes before the enemy auto-blocked to prevent stun locking. What type of AI behavior determines the enemy's blocking capability in TW3?

#2. How is TW3 going to maintain its tradition of low fantasy, its emphasis on politics and on conflicting character motivations, when two of the oldest high fantasy tropes drive the narrative - an ancient evil is invading ( Wild Hunt) and the chosen one must stop it (Ciri)?

*I would ask about Fleders, but I know they can't release such vital information.

Last edited:
1. Regarding level design, can we expect more environmental puzzles in the game similar to the Crystals puzzle room in Loc Muinne? (The one required to find the Forgotten Vran Sword)

2. Regarding quests, when we complete quests that affect regions, will certain quests become locked or no longer available for us? (In regards to both the Main quests, and Side Quests)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom