Questions from the Community – Gamescom 2014

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Will we have access to the full extent of the combat system (parrying, deflecting arrows, riposte, group-style and so on) right from the beginning of the game, or do we have to suffer through a neutered combat-system for the first hours of every playthrough? (This is the exact reason why TW2 got a lot of criticism for its combat-system which was in fact quite good and had some legit depth to it once you unlocked the appropriate skills)

2. Are normal clothes and cloaks still in the game? And will the be any benefit to wearing clothes rather than armor? Also, will there be any benefit to wearing a cloak while not in combat, aside from looking stylish? (I'm thinking if maybe rain or cold weather could cause some kind of debuff)

Last edited:
Will weapon sheaths have proper sounds to them when weapons are drawn? Also will all characters have weapon sheath or carry weapons in a reasonable manner instead of having them magically attached to their backs or side?

My reasoning for this is that I would rather avoid the Hollywood style where they make that metaltic noise even when there is no metal in the sheath just wood/leather. Also many games lack weapon sheaths completely ( looking at you Dragon Age ).

What kind of HDTV model do the devs use to demo TW3 game, I want to save up for the best HDTV possible.
If you can't post it in public, can a dev please PM me with the best HDTV they use in house so I can start window shopping at least.
Thanks.;)

Last edited:
- Are Geralt's athletic abilities supposed to be useful for combat and not just for exploration/monster-chasing? (could jumping, sprinting, climbing help in a fight at all)

- How much has the conversation mechanic been expanded if at all, and in which way? (I remember an article or dev saying you could now choose to whisper the dialogue sometimes and it could change NPCs reactions, anything else like this and like in TW2 with axii, aard, etc.)

Thanks for the opportunity

1. Will crypts, dungeons, caves etc. be actually dark, to make using the the Cat potion more reasonable? In the Witcher 1 crypts are really dark and spooky, and using Cat is quite natural. In the Witcher 2 dungeons don't look too dark and I barely use Cat there at all.

2. Will the night time be dark enough too? TW2 night is never dark really, and one can barely see the black night sky, everything is kind of shades of gray.

Last edited:
I've read in the "Discussing Questions Thread" that, if asked in two different posts, we can make more than two questions. So I add these 2:

3) Are the graphics of the last demos representative of the final game or there is room for improvement?

4) Is the face of our hero, as we have seen it in the demos, the final version? Are you still experimenting?

1. Could you explain the distortion of the dates in «The Witcher» and «The Witcher 2». And how it will be reflected in «The Witcher 3».
e.g.
The Battle of Brenna happened in 1268. «The Witcher» begins in 1270 but you say that 5 years has passed after the war. And we have «The Witcher» in 1270, but in «The Witcher 2» we see that at this time Geralt pursues the Wild Hunt ( February 24, 1270; May 30, 1270; July 24, 1270; Midinvaerne of 1270 and so on). And it happens that Geralt was found near the Kaer Morhen in 1271. But not in 1270. And so on.
Will we see the correct dates in the third game?

2. How the leak will impact the plot of the «The Witcher 3». Will you change the plot or endings? Or you'll leave everything as it is?

Last edited:
Will there will be any change in the inventory system or will it be the same ? i know it is a simple question but i am asking something !

Will Geralt have to relearn everything about Monsters, despite the fact that he's learnt a lot since Witcher 1?

Will Geralt have to re level up again despite the fact that he already "learned" all the level ups in the previous games?

Last edited by a moderator:
1. How deep and complex is the climbing mechanism in the game. Can Geralt climb any building and run on rooftops like in Assassin's Creed or is the climbing limited ?
2. If there is a sophisticated climbing system, are there monsters that Geralt has to chase on the rooftops and fight (like the Striga fight in Witcher 1's cinematic intro or for example a werewolf chase on the rooftops) ?

I have a few questions myself:

1. How much will the import saves from the previous two games impact our world of Witcher 3?
2. Will we be able to mount bigger monsters or will it be contextual and/or cutscene similar to Witcher 2?
3. Regarding the climbing/jump system, will we be able to jump at will a la Skyrim or will it be contextual where we can climb (similar to Witcher 2).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom