Questions from the Community – Gamescom 2014

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will Geralt's horse be able to jump and will it have a button press animation where the horse stands on its hind legs sqealing like in most open world games with horses?
Will you hide the dirty little ugly button prompt(s) or whatever to mount our horse after you show us how the first time, or at least let us turn all that yucky stuff off after we know what buttons to push for things like.. Talk/Open/Examine/Search/Mount/Climb/Swim. I really don't want to keep seeing A, B, X, or Y on my screen after I already know what to do for the millionth time. It looks stupid and I wish for cdpr devs to make video game history by letting us turn stuff like that off after we clearly know whats up.
PLEASE!!
I have been wishing for this option in console games for at least 10/15 years and game devs just keep doing it like all the rest wtf!?!
lol... ;)

Because Kinley insists! My not-totally-early questions are:

1. "How does the facial animation work in game? Does every character have a different preset of facial expression (for example, Geralt having more toned down style, than a normal person)"

2. "When can we expect to see Mr. Blacha on a convention or something similar, preferably in Poland"

Last edited:
...did they listen to us?

i think this might be an interesting question.

I recognize that the team behind the game, or at least those coordinating/directing production, have there own ideas on how the game will eventually play. but as questions by fans have shown we all have our own ideas about what we want, and how we imagine and hope the game will play right down to the smallest of details.

now fans of the forum have been told that our discussions are at least noted by ominous CDPR overlords. has at any point in time fan input effected an element of the games development? can you give us some examples on how fans have added through the forum to improve the game?

1. Is Geralt's face going to change after taking some stronger potions (like in Witcher 1 cinematic)?
2. Does the crossbow have to be "upgraded" into harpoon in order to shot in the water?
Edited: //sorry for the 3rd question, just count those two above
// Are the 3 regions (Novigrad, No man's land, Skellige) of the map physically interconnected?

Last edited:
Why do you guys keep doing this? 2 questions means 2 questions. You're just making it harder for the mods to do their jobs.

1) is there going to be a visible effect on Geralt after taking potions? (skinbleaching, prodding veins, etc)?
2) sneak in something about their obviously more obvious "sex sells" attitude and their claims of realism (e.g. not every woman that is single must necessarily be sexy as hell)

1. Any chance of getting official, or even approximate, system specifications in time for "Black Friday"?

("Black Friday" is the day after US Thanksgiving; this year, it's November 28. Black Friday and Cyber Monday (this year, December 1) are the biggest selling days in the US and often the best time to find bargains.)

2. If not, any way to confirm whether the speculations in the "Predicted witcher 3 system specs" thread are somewhat close to the mark, or so far off that the discussion is a waste of bits?

Cool topic! My initial question was going to be about balance between 'empty explorable space' and 'quest/distraction/dungeon-filled explorable space' but I think that's kind of covered in the first reply. So I've got 2 other questions, apologies if these have been already covered somewhere (and if so, can someone provide links?):

1) Will there be hardware mouse? I'm one of the many, many, many people who had horrible mouse lag in menus and while trying to do the arm wrestle mini game but had no problem with playing the rest of the game on high settings so I'd really like this to be resolved properly, and I was very surprised actually that we had to suffer it given the whole pc first mantra the guys usually have.

2) The developers have mentioned that the cities will have living populations who go about their own business. Will they have some more variety in things they say as you go past? When the man sitting by the camp fire in Flotsam tells his wife that he doesn't stir the stew, he is works the material I have a chuckle. it was a bit 'immersion breaking' though I guess when every single time you go past there on multiple 'days' in game he says it..I mean wtf is he cooking? lol

Confusing question, but i wanted to ask that since the Witcher 2. I saw many motion capture session videos of combat, horse riding and other things. But how the motion capture feels when recording sex scenes animations ? Confused or cant stop laughting ?

1. Will there be a good controller vibration system for combat, because TW2 combat felt really flat on console without it.
If so..
2. Can you please make it worth while, and will there be an on and off option for it for those folks who don't care for it as much as I and others do?

Thanks;)

How possible is it for the Witcher sense to be a developed skill (as opposed taken for granted all around solution to tracking)?

Meaning of course, that if the player does not not develop it, he is cut short of the benefits it offers (which might mean a valuable monster forever lost, and thus also the reward -- unless stumbling upon it by accident), and if it left low, there might be effects on more difficult trails such as getting confusing, mixed tracks that might lead the player to choose a wrong path to follow (or getting only the wrong path). Obviously Geralt is to be something of a pro, but he's not infallible, and these things could well be interpreted as common mistakes, results of being intoxicated (if that is made to have an effect on the W-senses), or that the monster in question is quite simply just very, very hard to be tracked down even for a witcher. These effects obviously applying to everything that the W-senses are to detect and do in the game. It could potentially give some additional depth to character developement and intrigue in the gameplay.

For a disclamer, I don't know if the witcher senses are already a skill, I haven't seen any information on it, but if it is, do disregard this question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom