Quests creation - help needed

+
Quests creation - help needed

Hi all,

I'm learning the redkit. I know the basic of world shaping, community and npc placing but I see no tutorials on how to create a workable quest - with journal updates, tasks, rewards etc. Wiki is also down from what I noticed.

I must say that I am at a loss here. Would any of you kind and more experienced creators could help me out? Point me to a tutorial I missed or post the general steps I need to take to create a working, simple "go there-do that-come back" quest.

Thank you in advance!

No Title

Hey, this question is quite old, but maybe you, or somebody else still looks into it.
As there are tuturials on youtube for basic quests with some dialogues, i will skip that and describe just quest logging and rewards - as I understand it from my experiments :)

1)Quest logging
Create some basic working quest with some dialogues. Right click in asset browser -> create -> quest log. Name this file somehow (for example "my_quest_logfile"). Open it, create act, quest and its phases by just rightclicking->("Create group" or "Create entry" or "Create phase") on elements. My log file is uploaded as "questlog.png" - just filled names of elements and short TODO's in quest phases. Don't know much more about other options. You can try to figure it out yourself. Save your log file. It may look something like this : questlog.png

In your quest file, you can rightclick->Quest log->quest log phase. Click on block, on left side of screen you can see some option of your block. You need to define your questlog file here. This block has 3 inputs. "Enter" input means that you activate this phase. "Success" and "Fail" mean that phase succeded or failed. You can put these blocks to some moments in quest and so define actual state of quest.

There is also "Quest log entry" block. It has "Success" and "Fail" inputs. I haven't tested it too much yet, but I believe you can define here success or fail of whole quest.

In uploaded "quest_with_logging" file you can see example of my quest. Note that it is not finished. quest_with_logging.png

Description for picture (red numbers):
1) Flow passes to "Enter" input of "Quest log phase" block anc activates it. This displays message to player and quest under minimap.
2) You talk to NPC. You can take contract or not. If you accept, flow goes to 3). If not, it goes to "End" and whole quest ends.
3) It is exactly same block as 1), but you put flow to succed now instead. This shows that this phase is finished and flow continues to 4).
4) "Quest block phase" with anothe phase. Put flow to "Enter" to activate it.
And so on...
After that my quest ends, it's not logical, but I hope you get idea how to create logging from this :)

2)Quest rewarding
There are multiple blocks that can do this I believe. Most intuitive is rightclick->gameplay->player reward-> define reward in options. This block will ADD defined amount of defined reward to player.
There is also rightclick->gameplay->character customizer, which can do some other actions, like (re)define inventory and other.

Note that you need to define your quest log file in cQuestComponent in your quest entity template.

Maybe this is not all and not all correct, but I hope this will put you in right direction :)
Sorry for my bad English.

If anyone knows how to work with voicesets, I would be happy to hear :)

Attachments

• photo83960.png
    photo83960.png
    10.1 KB · Views: 89
  • photo83970.png
    photo83970.png
    28.4 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
Top Bottom