QUESTS do not take into account forfeits and\or disconnects

+
I haven't seen any official statement from any CDPR staff saying how disconnects or forfeits interact with daily quests. I've read this thread and had my own experiences and I can't say if it's working as intended or bugged, as I didn't even notice this was happening until just a bit ago. I won four matches with Nilfgaard for my win five games as faction quest. Three of which came as a result of opponents foreiting at various stages of those games and only one game, the one that finished without any forfeits, counted towards progressing the quest. Two of those forfeits were in the first round after 3 or less cards were played and one was in the second round either before any cards were played or shortly after....can't recall for sure.
I don't know if this is a bug or working as intended and thus I don't know if I should report this as a gameplay bug in the ticket or to say it need to be changed if that's how it's suppose to be working under the feedback portion of the ticket. If this is intended, it needs to be seriously reconsidered. Opponents forfeit early often when high risk strategies are disrupted or when they get a match up that is difficult or unwinnable, even more so in casual games where no rank is on the line. I don't think my quest progresson should be disregarded just because I didn't spend 20 minutes playing a game. In one match I interupted my NG opponents strategy to strengthen a unit and return it to their hand to exploit it with spotters and shields and they forfeited. I should get that progress for recognizing my opponents strategy and removing that unit before they could strengthen and return it to their hand.
Now I could see having this rule in friendly matches in order to prevent two friends from instantly forfeiting to quickly finish quests, that is if friend matches even allow for quest completion I don't even know, but it's an example of where having this makes sense. But I'm plying random people and when they forfeit I still recieve allother rewards so I have to believe this is a bug and not their plan for how quests interact with forfeits. If anyone can point me to any official statements on how this is supposed to work it would be greatly appreciated, as I'd like to know if I should be reporting a gameplay bug or offering feedback on a very poor decision as to how handle forfeits and quest progression.

CosmicSmasher

From my experience, friend matches don't count towards the "win X games as faction Y", but do count for at least the "play Z cards" ones. Which makes sense.

Anyway, there's a dedicated thread for daily quest improvement suggestions, if you want to discuss it further.

Since closed beta we got that visual bug when opponent forfait too early (even in 3rd round) so we can't see rewards or points awarded (yes i know game award us but why that visual bug). Is it so hard to fix it? It's more then a year that we see that bug.

Quest bug - If opponent forfait in round one, victory not counted

Hi everyone,

As you might have notised, there is a new reward system called Quests since one month more or less.
This system is a real plus for the game cos it makes you play other factions you may not be used to play. It makes people variate their decks and variaty is a good thing for a game.
But, I've recently realized that if your opponent forfeit in round one, the victory isn't counted in you Quest section.
That's really fustrating when you go for a long round one and your opponent realize that he wont win the match even if he passes.
Do you guys have the same problem ?

Last edited:
Kingoko;n10174762 said:
Since closed beta we got that visual bug when opponent forfait too early (even in 3rd round) so we can't see rewards or points awarded (yes i know game award us but why that visual bug). Is it so hard to fix it? It's more then a year that we see that bug.

I've noticed this as well. When someone forfeits about half the time it glitches and I can't see my rewards for winning, just a loading spinner.

Pretty annoying, since there isn't a log to look at somewhere after it happens to see what you've gained.

yeah I can confirm this is still broken... first round manual forfeits by opponents are still not being registered by quests... reported it last week

Hi, 2020, is this still the case? I had my opponent disconnected in seasonal match, and the count didn’t tick in my seasonal quest reward book. So I’m curious to ask here.

Top Bottom