QUESTS do not take into account forfeits and\or disconnects

+
QUESTS do not take into account forfeits and\or disconnects

I can see how disconnects MIGHT not count, but forfeit is a legitimate WIN that now also punishes your opponents.

Last edited:
Daily Quest Bug

Hey,

I was just playing an excellent ranked game as Skellige... I had two quests:

Play 10 Ranked Matches
Win 3 Games as Skellige

I kicked so much butt with an AMAZING pass in the first round, that my opponent ended up going 3 cards down and forfeiting. Brilliant.

Whats not so brilliant?

My quests didnt track track either of those achievements. Im guessing this is on purpose? To prevent early or illegitimate forfeits from counting towards quest progression.... but it’s negatively affected my legitimate progression!

Im hoping this is a bug, and not intentional.

Can an one of the Devs let me know?

Thanks!

a237426 thread merged

Having had an opponent forfeiting on me myself, I still got the quest rewards. Not sure why it isn't triggering for some players. Did you get the quest reward after a delay, like with The_Dark_Sun? Otherwise, you could contact support directly and ask them to look into things.

I haven’t checked progression today (this happened yesterday) - so maybe it’s rewarded on a delay? But my first wins registered instantly, so I’m not sure what’s up.

Nope no delay for me. I have win 3 games as...First one counted as i won on 3 round. Second game someone forfeited after 2 moves , can be normal not to count , but counted towards T1 daily. Third we played almost all the cards first round , he forfeigted , and did not count. Maybe they don't count first round forfeits in daily quests.

Daily quests don't trigger when opponent forfeits early

I just observed that the daily quests, such as "Win 3 matches as Scoiatael" don't trigger if the opponent forfeits in round 1 (possibly round 2 as well, but not sure).
This is kind of annoying because you basically have to keep replaying till you get a complete match. Sometimes opponents just forfeit after a long round 1 which can be 3/4th of the match in terms of time spent. Hoping this will get fixed. Anybody else encountered this?

I can definitely confirm that if your opponent forfeits in the first round — nothing counts towards your quest progression.

Its of kind of ridiculous — if you’ve played well enough that you’re almost guaranteed to win in the first round, or you’ve disrupted your opponents strategy enough that they feel they can’t win — you’re handing them the keys to be able to punish you for playing well. That simply isn’t fair, or fun.

I understand the thought process behind implementing it in this fashion... but come on guys, this needs to change.

I don't think it's a bug anymore. Even quests like "play 60 cards" don't count if someone forfeits round 1 for some reason. So its intended to not count round 1 forfeits.

a237426;n10098441 said:
I understand the thought process behind implementing it in this fashion..
I understand as well. For quests like play 10 games or play 60 cards for example.

But for others , especially when almost all the cards are played round 1 and someone who looses his win conditions and forfeits i don't because it messes up the other player's time as well.

Maybe they could not count for the player that forfeits or after 7-8 cards played should count (this one could be exploitable). Especially on the play x games with a faction because for some players those are harder than the rest.

a237426;n10098441 said:
I can definitely confirm that if your opponent forfeits in the first round — nothing counts towards your quest progression.

Its of kind of ridiculous — if you’ve played well enough that you’re almost guaranteed to win in the first round, or you’ve disrupted your opponents strategy enough that they feel they can’t win — you’re handing them the keys to be able to punish you for playing well. That simply isn’t fair, or fun.

I understand the thought process behind implementing it in this fashion... but come on guys, this needs to change.

Yeah it`s kinda weird.

I`m currently playing a high reward, but very risky deck sometimes which depends on 1/2 cards being played early.

My opponent knew what i was doing and he used coral on the first, and than the renew spelll (yennefer i believe) to artefact compress the second as well.

At that point I knew I was going to lose, and my opponent knew he was going to win.

But yeah the forfeit button would yield no rewards for her/him. So I just passed, and then immediately passsed the second round. Kinda like forfeit.

Wow, makes me feel bad for forfeiting my games now. I'll try to lose this habit until they fix it. I don't want to prevent my opponents from getting rewards (even though as someone who beat me, they probably need to get punished...but this is mean, I don't want to do that lolol).

Daily Quest problems

Today I had quest to win 3 with NR, was into match, guy saw he can't win round two and forfeited which is completely OK thing to do to save both of us time, but even though I got daily, got exp and Pro fMMR, my quest didn't register the win it still said 0/3

It happened before, but before servers were unstable and some disconnects didn't count toward the quest (even though I still got all the other rewards) but I let it slide since it just started and servers had issues, this on the other hand is plain stupid.

Wins or matches played should count in all cases, if we get all other rewards upon disconnect we should get quest requirement as well, no need to separate those.

Issue with Daily Quest

First of all, in contrary to others disliking daily rewards, I love it. More way to earn for kegs is always welcome. It forces me to play a faction I rarely play and I think it's fun.

My issue is I am not getting rewarded a win if my opponent forfeits (or was disconnected, I am not sure.) in round 1.

They should just make the quest "Beat x amount of opponents by disconnect or forfeit" and change it to where those are the only things that count. Problem solved!

I was thinking about this again....

CDProjekt doesn’t want people having instant forfeits counting towards quest progression — I get that. I don’t necessarily agree, but I get it.

So they chose to implement a system that disqualifies round 1 forfeits.

But, instead of just any round 1 forfeit — why not just disqualify any forfeits before 5 cards total (2.5 turns) are played? We know CDProjekt can track this stat (one of the quests is play X amount of cards).

This wouldn’t completely solve the problem; but the incidences of people rage quitting and punishing the victor would be significantly reduced, while eliminating insta-forfeits from being counted.

Top Bottom