Quests, in your opinion, have poor endings or ones that need to be improved.[Spoilers]

+

Guest 3847602

Zyvik;n10174792 said:
Yeah, I get that Geralt is the protagonist and all, but it just feels SO wrong to make such life changing decisions for these people without even discussing it with them first. It just feels OOC for Geralt.

Well yes, there are a few odd blunders like this, but I gotta say TW3 is still easily my favorite when it comes to staying in-character (either through autodialogue or choices).

Im sorry im on my 3rd playtrough now and i just reached this point again, petty sure i had mentioned this before, but ill have to said it again...

"Reasons of State"... the whole thing should have scrapped and re-done, Adda was alive on my game, or at least she should, how on earth dijkstra can take over Redania when the Queen is still alive??! Why Geralt would betray Roche and Ves? they saved him like 5 minutes before, and they also did several times on Witcher 2, not to mention they may have helped Geralt on the battle of kaer morhen. This makes no sence, and for no reason AT ALL, as dijkstra treats Geralt very badly.
It also makes no sence that dijkstra belived he could pull this off, kill Roche, Ves and Geralt with what? 5 random soldiers? nonsence.

Ill say this whole thing of "dijkstra taking over redania" should only be IF Adda is dead(and done in a different manner), maybe then we could have a better non-nilfgaard ending with Adda as queen of Redania.

This is easily the lower part of the main plot, and this one decides the fate of the war!!!

"Now or never" was also executed badly, Why they couldt separate and go one to the kingfisher and other to save the couple? Why they even need a ship to escape in the first place? maybe im overthinking this but why they could not just teleport the hell out? Why they even stayed in Novigrad in the first place? I can understand maybe not everyone is talented to do this, and there the alquimists that arent mages at all... but Triss can open a portal from Kovir to Thousand and she cant help the other mages escape by portal?
This could have easily explained with some excuse like the one at W2 ending.

Last edited:
Shivansps;n10289652 said:
Im sorry im on my 3rd playtrough now and i just reached this point again, petty sure i had mentioned this before, but ill have to said it again...

"Reasons of State"... the whole thing should have scrapped and re-done, Adda was alive on my game, or at least she should, how on earth dijkstra can take over Redania when the Queen is still alive??! Why Geralt would betray Roche and Ves? they saved him like 5 minutes before, and they also did several times on Witcher 2, not to mention they may have helped Geralt on the battle of kaer morhen. This makes no sence, and for no reason AT ALL, as dijkstra treats Geralt very badly.
It also makes no sence that dijkstra belived he could pull this off, kill Roche, Ves and Geralt with what? 5 random soldiers? nonsence.

Ill say this whole thing of "dijkstra taking over redania" should only be IF Adda is dead(and done in a different manner), maybe then we could have a better non-nilfgaard ending with Adda as queen of Redania.

This is easily the lower part of the main plot, and this one decides the fate of the war!!!

"Now or never" was also executed badly, Why they couldt separate and go one to the kingfisher and other to save the couple? Why they even need a ship to escape in the first place? maybe im overthinking this but why they could not just teleport the hell out? Why they even stayed in Novigrad in the first place? I can understand maybe not everyone is talented to do this, and there the alquimists that arent mages at all... but Triss can open a portal from Kovir to Thousand and she cant help the other mages escape by portal?
This could have easily explained with some excuse like the one at W2 ending.

And don't forget Anaïs La Valette, she is also able to be alive, nect to Adda, which make it impossible for Dijsktra to be the ruler. Wel, the whole TW2 ending was a blame when it comes to TW3.
I mean, you can change a lot in the politics of the northern kingdoms and nothing of that will affect TW3. Which is bad...
And no one ever talks about, that Radovid is dead after you fulfilled Reasons of State, exept for Jaskier in the credits ;)

The whole magicans in Novigrad plot is a bit lame when it comes to "realism". As you said: Why not teleport away? Why not leave like... all the other NPCs exepct for nonhumans? A farmer, merchant... or a white haired witcher can leave and enter the city as many times as they want (okay at one point you need a passport, but why not leave earlier?). Just put on clothes like a poor farmer and not like a "slutty" or rich magican... and leave the fu**ing hood at home. Everybody who wears a hood in the maingame is a bandit or a "covered" magican. I think the guards will realize that ;)

"The Cave of Dreams" I find this quest great. See how the skellige men wander through the past of their heaviest failures and fears and then it comes to Geralt and he meets: Eredin.
Seriously? Geralt met far more dangerous persons, and lived through heavier failures. Why the hell Eredin?
I know, it should show the player, how dangerous this person is, and what awaits you in the future of the game. But why not Vilgefortz? The one person who was the "only" real enemy and treat for Geralt, or why not the market place in Rivii and the boy with the pitchfork turns into a "firey" monster/giant or whatever. Or the room changes into Stygga and Geralt met his friends who died and they tell (lies) that he is guilty for their dead and fight him etc etc.

There are so many better options than placing Eredin as the "real" treat/nightmare for Geralt.

I just wish there was a quest to kill the 3rd crone, maybe post-MQ. I know in the 'bad" ending you get to do that but it would've been satisfying to hunt the crone together with Ciri and ultimately, retrieve Vesemir's medallion for her, seeing how heart broken she was in the aftermath of the BoKM.

Guest 3847602

Deemonef;n10293072 said:
The whole magicans in Novigrad plot is a bit lame when it comes to "realism". As you said: Why not teleport away? Why not leave like... all the other NPCs exepct for nonhumans? A farmer, merchant... or a white haired witcher can leave and enter the city as many times as they want (okay at one point you need a passport, but why not leave earlier?). Just put on clothes like a poor farmer and not like a "slutty" or rich magican... and leave the fu**ing hood at home. Everybody who wears a hood in the maingame is a bandit or a "covered" magican. I think the guards will realize that

Now that you mention it, it seems like the entire Novigrad chapter was initially envisioned to be primarily about persecution of elves and dwarves, but at some point it was decided that they should be simply swapped with mages without considering how utterly nonsensical it is. All those plotholes would have been a non-issue for non-humans (they can't use teleportation, they can't use their magical powers and turn their pursuers into cinder, they can't leave the city unnoticed...). What's more, it would be in line with what was going on in TW1 and 2.

1. Gaunter O'Dimm kills a drunkard, stabbing his eye with a knife. This act makes a conventional and banal villain out of the charismatic and sharp Gaunter. On top of that, by doing this, it is clear that the devs are pushing the players to take a "right" - in their own opinion - side in the end of the game, and I don't like to be pushed like that.
2. In a good game ending, Olgierd stays alive. I would like it better if Olgierd's death were inevitable in both endings. Thus, the question: "Will Olgierd save his own soul after he's dead?" would make a difference. Because the only way to redeem what he's done is death. Instead, we are shown the vanilla ending: Olgierd, a cruel cutthroat, get things done with Geralt's help. It was especially funny when a witcher said to him "Got a company of faithful comrades waiting. Got a home, your fortune..." This sounds inappropriate, when you keep in mind to whom it was said.

Hmm, cool idea for discussion -

* Not being able to romance Anarietta during B&W (the overall story arc was great for the main B&W campaign, just wish we'd had an actual romance side-story with her as I thought she was the most beautiful girl in the game and there were a few flirtatious moments between the two early in the main quest) - just found that very disappointing. (and yes, I've read the books, don't really care about her thing with Dandelion years before - I'd like to think after a good dude like Geralt saved her life and her country she might consider a closer relationship with a warrior type instead of a guy like Dandelion).

* The quest in Skellige with the lighthouse. When you come out of the Inn after Jorund is killed and the peasants confront Geralt when he was just defending himself from a bunch of punks - I wish I could've opted to wipe out the whole village if they'd decided to attack me instead of just surrendering and being taken to Madman Lugos - I thought that was just silly and unrealistic given Geralt's character, when the one guy says something like "you can't take all of us", I can just visualize Geralt going "mmmhmm....wanna find out?"

* The quest in Novigrad toward the end where you kill Radovid and then Djikstra thinks he's going to betray everybody and take over...I thought that was very unrealistic. Djiktra can be a jacka$$, but he's not stupid (quite the contrary, he's a very intelligent dude) and the last thing he would've done is try to betray Geralt's friends, and then think Geralt was just going to walk away and let him kill them, lol. That was just laughably stupid - should've been able to kill Radovid, and end things peacefully with Roche, Djikstra, etc.
* As a side note on this quest, I would have absolutely loved an option to kill Philipa Eilhart after the main game was over. I've wanted to cut her head off since Witcher 2.

* Agree with the OP on Maria Louisa - too small a part, and should've had a romance option there if you saved her son in Witcher 2.

* Another romance option lacking was during the Cerys quest(s) in Skellige - she flirts with Geralt all throughout the missions, would've been nice to have some options there as she is a pretty girl who is a very good person. :) Prettiest girl I've seen with a scar on her face, hah.

* Better / more end-game quests would've been welcomed - quests with your selected Sorceress (if you chose one) where perhaps she simply travels around with you and you have added dialogue and cutscenes with her, quests to follow up on some of the characters you'd met during the main game like the Baron, doing a Witcher contract or two with Ciri (maybe heading back to the Bog to wipe out that last Crone together - that would've been AWESOME and quite fulfilling), checking on Priscilla as someone else mentioned, a follow up ending quest with Roche & Ves, maybe a quest to close things off with some of the Lodge members - I thought Fringilla had very little screen time given how close she and Geralt were during the books.

So ya...W3 is easily the best game I've ever played, but there were certainly some areas it could've been even better, IMO. I'd honestly pay for a DLC package for this game that added the aforementioned end-game stuff.

Last edited:
BarkleyH;n73332 said:
Return to Crookback Bog

This is a very grim story.
Its problem is that the player doesn't feel any satisfaction from the children being alive and well. Nothing is said about their fate, and there are not even any more scenes with their involvement.
The knowledge that the Baron and his wife survived would be much more pleasant. But in this case the children die...
I think there should be a third variant where the Baron's wife dies, and Geralt persuades the Baron to look after the children, and thereby purges himself of his suicidal thoughts.

Fencing Lessons
Still can't understand why Geralt jumped on Rosa - she's not responsible for the death of her offenders. It's like accusing a negro afroredanian of attacking skinheads.

The message behind return to crookback bog is that releasing a greater evil to spite a lesser one and save some kids is a really bad move. It's not supposed to be equal. One is a kneejerk reaction to some orphans being in danger, the other is the actual good move.

Geralt jumped on Rosa because she was being a stuck up entitled brat, treating the world like it was her own little kingdom, unaware of the dangers or what consequences her actions had.

Last edited:
As has been mentioned several times Carnal Sins and Reasons Of State could have been handled better. Carnal Sins especially, was disappointing as you never even see Priscilla again. They could have at least added an option to ask Dandelion about how she is doing.

Deemonef;n10293072 said:
Seriously? Geralt met far more dangerous persons, and lived through heavier failures. Why the hell Eredin?
Hey,
this seems to be easy choice to me.
Eredin is good to be here, because it shows actual thread from the 3rd game; and maybe puts player in insecurity and to understand the faith ahead, etc...

Haven't played witcher 2, but putting Vilgefortz here would be meaningless reference with no added value to what this quest tries to put the atmosphere to.
You know, Vilgerfortz is just not the point.

0248991;n10960133 said:
Hey,
this seems to be easy choice to me.
Eredin is good to be here, because it shows actual thread from the 3rd game; and maybe puts player in insecurity and to understand the faith ahead, etc...

Haven't played witcher 2, but putting Vilgefortz here would be meaningless reference with no added value to what this quest tries to put the atmosphere to.
You know, Vilgerfortz is just not the point.

I know that they used Eredin cause it was for the plot of the game. But beside a game plot for a later TW3 event it just makes no sense.
You see your biggest failures and fears, and Eredin just don't match with that. The "maybe loosing Ciri" to Eredin is a fear Geralt did not had at this moment. It's about things you lived through, things you have done in the past or were did to you in the past.
And this is a side quest so CDPR was able to choose everything they want without using the main plot.
Using Vilgefortz would be much better, or the other things I mentioned.

But I know what you try to say (I guess) it have to be something a gamer without knowlege of the books have to understand. But even for this you have the Rivii pogrom part and could use it. And even Eredin could work, but in a different way: The moment when Geralt fought with Letho, Egan and Serrit against the Wild Hunt to save Yennefer, in this moment Geralt was full of fear to lose her and after that he was a fighter for the hunt and he has no memory but sure did terrible things after that and this is deep in him.

You see there are much more options with better plot, than just throwing Eredin with two Wild Hunt dogs into a cave without backstory, and a lil' sentence at the end that "he will get her anyway" (even Geralt's inner thoughts doesn't seem to know who Eredin means if the illusion just uses the word her/she and not a name ;) ), while all the other companions had visions about their past and their failures with a deep story and explicit facts etc.

Last edited:
Top Bottom