Quests where you might have missed the real culprit! (SPOILERS)

+
Quests where you might have missed the real culprit! (SPOILERS)

Are there any other quests where you might have missed the real culprit and accused the wrong person?

The first one that comes to mind is Cardinal Sins in Novigrad where you have to catch the mass murderer. When you finally face the suspect you have to make careful dialog choices, otherwise the suspect dies and quest is completed. Afterwards you learn that it was the vampire.

The other one is Without a Trace in Hearts of Stone where you have to find a hafting apprentice. When you talk to the two villagers they say that he was eaten by wolves. You can go back and tell the contract giver that or explore, find the body in a cellar and learn that the old couple was eating the apprentice.

In both quests there was a chance to get the "bad" ending and you'll never know. This is why I ask the question.

I KNEW there was something fishy with that old couple in Without a Trace!

I figured out the Cardinal wasn't the murderer though. The fact that I even had a choice kind of tipped it off. I think I had also just come from that random encounter near the docks where the woman is pretending to be attacked by the man as part of their role play, so when I saw that tied up hooker I thought, "this is just what he's paying her for."

"King's Gambit" I guess (or sth like that). Quest is related to king election on Skellige. Even if you choose to help Hjalmar or Cerys in investigations you may miss the real mastermind of the conspiracy.

Edit: Somewhat related:

Quest for hunting Archgriffin near Oxenfurt - if you search griffin nest you will find body with letter. This letter states that mercenaries agreed to kill griffin on their own but requested bigger amount of money that they offered Geralt.

Edit 2: Not mentioning "Wild at heart"...

Last edited:
Top Bottom