Quick access menu on consoles and parrying arrows at a distance both needs improving

+
Quick access menu on consoles and parrying arrows at a distance both needs improving

Great game, two concerns.

I should be able to hold L1, highlight the selected item and select it by letting go of L1. Having to hit the X button hampers the flow of combat and is just an unnecessary input. Quick access should be QUICK! Make it a choice in the options for gamers preference.

I get the advantage and move in on an archer. I take out my sword and hold L2 to parry his incoming shot. He shoots, but instead of deflecting his arrow, my Witcher senses activate. I get hit with the arrow. Whatever the distance is that determines Witcher sense or parry should be looked at, especially when the player chooses to have his weapon drawn.

I plan on playing this game for hundreds of hours. I really hope small nit pick items like these get sorted out.

I should be able to hold L1, highlight the selected item and select it by letting go of L1. Having to hit the X button hampers the flow of combat and is just an unnecessary input. Quick access should be QUICK! Make it a choice in the options for gamers preference.

+1

The quick menu, despite it's name isn't very quick to use. It could use some improvements, such as selection just by highlighting and letting go of L1/TAB (no need to click) and the ability to access the quick menu at all times during combat (like it was in TW2). It stands to no reason that I can change my signs at any time during combat using the numkeys but that I cannot do the same with the (so called) quick menu.

Agreed, especially on the parrying. I think Witcher sense should be disabled when you have a sword drawn, I almost died to some archers today when they popped up after I'd slaughtered a beach full of pirates and overburdened myself with the loot.

Top Bottom