Quick question concerning a рlot point regarding Keira, Ciri and "Hendrik" 's notes ...

+

A.P.P.

Forum veteran
I've finished the game multiple times and am aware of all its plot elements, so feel free to sрoil me at will! :)

Recently I happened upon a detail of the plot which didn't seem to make sense to me at all within the overall context:

Namely: the discrepancy between the information found in "Hendrik" 's notes which state that "Ciri quarrelled with a witch.",
AND the info in Keira's account when you meet her:
That she never met Ciri, but only a "masked mage" (you-know-who), who was also looking for her.

How is this explained? Keira's lying? "Hendrik" based his notes on mere gossip that was not factual?
Or maybe by "witch", "Hendrik' was referring to one of the... Crones ??

Cheers!

I've finished the game multiple times and am aware of all its plot elements, so feel free to sрoil me at will! :)

Recently I happened upon a detail of the plot which didn't seem to make sense to me at all within the overall context:

Namely: the discrepancy between the information found in "Hendrik" 's notes which state that "Ciri quarrelled with a witch.",
AND the info in Keira's account when you meet her:
That she never met Ciri, but only a "masked mage" (you-know-who), who was also looking for her.

How is this explained? Keira's lying? "Hendrik" based his notes on mere gossip that was not factual?
Or maybe by "witch", "Hendrik' was referring to one of the... Crones ??

Cheers!

Hendrik's note are accurate and Keira doesn't lie :
"Ciri quarrelled with a witch" indeed, but with the Ladies of the Wood (The Crones). So Ciri never meet Keira.
Keira meet Avallac'h (masked mage) for the decoction and the lamp.

So yeah, Hendrik referring to the Crones, not to Keira (few ever meet the Crones, so for him, it was just a "witch") :)

Actually, reading Hendrik's notes again, he made the following observations:
1. The Bloody Baron hosted Ciri at Crow's Perch, and then notes that he needs to talk to the Baron.
2. Then he notes that Ciri landed in a swamp, quarreled with a witch, which we now know to be Ciri fleeing the Crones after she overheard them planning to turn her over to the Wild Hunt.
3. He then says he needs to ask the peasants around Midcopse to follow up on the witch. That would be Keira as Midcopse is nowhere near Crookback Bog.

I think Hendrik believed that the witch at Midcopse (Keira) was the witch that Ciri quarreled with. So it appears that he had a wrong lead.

A.P.P.

Forum veteran
I think Hendrik believed that the witch at Midcopse (Keira) was the witch that Ciri quarreled with. So it appears that he had a wrong lead.

Yeah, I think you've got down to the bone of it !!
That would indeed make THE MOST sense! :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom