Quick Question... How far am I? [no spoilers]

+
I have had this game on the sidelines for about a month now... moreso to savor the story rather than rush through the effort.

V is about to meet the business guy and go to the air parade... I think...

Is there a lot left?

Yep, like @MrGuyton say, it depend (maybe far, maybe not).
(You can reach this quest (Play it Safe, I suppose) quickly if you focus "mainly" on main quests).
So I can advice you to do all the side quests available before continuing the main quests line, always ;)
(Not the GIGs, but at least side quests. There are an "important" part of Cyberpunk).

I have had this game on the sidelines for about a month now... moreso to savor the story rather than rush through the effort.

V is about to meet the business guy and go to the air parade... I think...

Is there a lot left?

If you are doing the main jobs one after the other, then there are not that many left. If you do the side jobs too then there is a tonne of quests left.

The side jobs rival the main jobs in terms of cinematic presentation, character development and the use of bespoke assets (performance capture animation, unique recorded dialogue etc).

There are just as many side jobs as main jobs in this game and none of the side jobs are filler. I don't understand why they are called side jobs really. Its better to think of them as optional main jobs. If you rush the main jobs because you feel its a race against the clock and you should prioritize these first, you will end up skipping literally half the game's major story content.

After you do a main job, find an excuse to do 3 side jobs.

Last edited:
I would suggest you leave that quest until you’ve cleared the majority your side-quests as the ceremony is fairly close to the end of the game. You are like 7.5/10 towards the end of the main campaign.

Most of the content is "optional" anyway. Without any spoilers all the Johnny sidequest should be main campaign missions.

BAV51

Forum regular
Just a note, do not let the game "pressure" you, there are at least 2 occasions, where you are urged to not keep an NPC "waiting". This might cause you to reach the end too quickly. There is no need to start the "endgame" until you have done all the "side quests" and Gigs, the NPC will wait.

Just a few numbers, the main story has 30 "missions" . There are 92 side quests and a total of 86 "Gigs" spread through Night City and the surrounding area. There are 37 in game vehicles to obtain and 190 "hidden gems" small interesting hidden stashes and set pieces, that do tell stories, but you would probably never find all of them with a little help. So if you want the complete experience don't finish the game till the map is empty ;-)

Just a note, do not let the game "pressure" you, there are at least 2 occasions, where you are urged to not keep an NPC "waiting". This might cause you to reach the end too quickly. There is no need to start the "endgame" until you have done all the "side quests" and Gigs, the NPC will wait.

Just a few numbers, the main story has 30 "missions" . There are 92 side quests and a total of 86 "Gigs" spread through Night City and the surrounding area. There are 37 in game vehicles to obtain and 190 "hidden gems" small interesting hidden stashes and set pieces, that do tell stories, but you would probably never find all of them with a little help. So if you want the complete experience don't finish the game till the map is empty ;-)
There are also a lot of intricate details in the world design that may be lost in the lighting. without viewing the game through different visual filters, the small details are easily missed.

how many hours is left in this?
I would suggest you leave that quest until you’ve cleared the majority your side-quests as the ceremony is fairly close to the end of the game. You are like 7.5/10 towards the end of the main campaign.

how many hours is left in this?
Honestly, it all depend on how you play :)
Generally, my playthroughs take around 120Hrs (even about 200Hrs). But it can take half of this time if you constantly use TP points, "rush" the quest GIGs (i.e blast everything with grenades, shotguns, Contagion QH, so all the enemies dies in few secondes).

In short, it's hard to say how "time" it remains.
For example, the parade with Goro (Play It Safe) could take me about 1 hours (I take all the paths, loot everythings, kill everybody silentely...), but you can finish it four times faster.

The "Cyberpunk 2077" title card at roughly half of the main storyline already is very misleading.
Nope, if you "only" do main quest at the beginning, it's not (there is only 5 real main quests before the title card. "Lifepath intro", "The Rescue", "The Information", "The Pickup" and "The Heist" and few "little main quests" around like the rpper dock, johnny's memories)
If you clear the entire Watson map before, yes, it could :D

Yes, there‘s no clear answer to that. As mentioned before, there are quite a few optional side quests that could easily be part of the main quest. I‘d definitely try doing as many side quests as possible (not the gigs, the normal side quests). You can quickly get to the end from that point, but it can also take 10-30 hours longer, depending on how much of the side content with story you already did.

No. Your probably about halfway.
This game is a joke. It’s an RPG with a story that’s about as long as the campaign of most FPS games.

I know people that have beat it in under 10 hours.

finish it quick and move on to something better.

This game is a joke. It’s an RPG with a story that’s about as long as the campaign of most FPS games.

Just to clarify my earlier post - this is not at all what I meant. The length of the main storyline is misleading. But the overall game experience is still fantastic.

In general I just mostly tell friends who haven't played CP yet to not get pushed by the story's urgency too much. After all that's why there is sidequests.

You can beat most games in very short time if you pay no attention to the story whatsoever. There are even Skyrim Speedruns in 90 Minutes or less. But unless you want to break a record for me there's no good reason to play a game like that.

I'm doing my second playthrough right now...and even after 50 hours there's still enough content (and once in a while I even discover things I missed the first time). Sure, I could have started the final mission 20 hours ago but that would have meant on missing out on a lot.

You can "beat" Morrowind in 3 minutes. Doesn't tell you much about the game. Does make you wonder about the player, though.

Top Bottom