"Quick" save?

+
After patch 1.6 there seem to be some performance issues and one I have noticed is that sometimes the game takes very long to make a save, even two minutes sometimes. I mean the save icon is busy up there for a good while. Sometimes I need to close the game in a hurry but I have to wait for the save to complete, wouldn't want it to become corrupted or something.

To disable cross progression go to Options > Gameplay, scroll down to the Miscellaneous section and simply switch"Enable cross-platform Saves" to OFF. And Enable Analytics as well while you're at it, or not. It's your game to do with as you please.

Cross progression uses the new and glorious cloud technology to allow you to have the same saved game on all platforms! Soon you'll be able to store your hopes and dreams, as well as your firstborn there too! Happy times! Our benevolent overlords in their divine wisdom have decreed that. However, chaos and disaster can ensue if your internet connection is slow, as mine was today, because of maintenance work. My game actually crashed when pressed F5 two times quickly, and the game couldn't send my saved game to the dreaded cloud for storage and molestation. So disable it I did, and happiness returned.

Thanks, it seems it was the damned cloud thing alright. I'm disabling it in Steam too, I have no use for cloud saves anyway. What if the power or the internet fail?
As an aside, I remember some time ago after a Windows update it moved my whole computer to the cloud! When I came to see there was nothing in it but shortcuts to the cloud. I had to re-download everything. F*** the cloud.

Top Bottom