Quick suggestion to tweak the NR 'all in' promote combo.

+
Quick suggestion to tweak the NR 'all in' promote combo.

I think the problem lies with the foltests ability to copy a card. More specifically copying the resilient effect. All that needs to be done in my opinion is make the copied units keep the strength but not carry over the resilient attachment. This would nerf the poor infantry combo enough and would require multiple adrenaline rush to try to accomplish the trebuchet combo. I think that this combo can be played against in round one well enough to put the player using the combo in a rough spot and I think that this nerf would be enough to not let them bail themselves out with a last ditch adrenaline rush foltest copy combo.

TLDR: Don't allow foltest to copy the adrenaline rush effect.

It is a interesting idea.

But what about the budget versions of this? The Skellige An Craite Warrior spam and Cerys Queens Guards? On t he other hand, I think these are not as devilish hard as the Poor Infantry. I seen 80 points brought over thanks to Foltest crazy ability into the last round.

It is a interesting idea.

But what about the budget versions of this? The Skellige An Craite Warrior spam and Cerys Queens Guards? On t he other hand, I think these are not as devilish hard as the Poor Infantry. I seen 80 points brought over thanks to Foltest crazy ability into the last round.
I haven't faced that deck enough or made it to play it so I don't know what I would do to tweak it.

I have been playing this NR combo mostly for the last two days. I've baited out removal before on my Trebuchets and then went all in on Poor Infantry. I've carried over 100+ infantrys before which is not fair when foltests copies the adranline rish effect. Meaning for 1 adrenaline rush, I got 3 adrenaline rush effects. This is definitely over the top for me, and this is based off me playing the deck.

I don't think it needs any other nerfs for now. Most of the time when people play out the whole first round, I can't combo efficiently. I'm either afraid of scorch or even dimeritium bomb to go all in, which results in a poor board a lot of the time.

I haven't faced that deck enough or made it to play it so I don't know what I would do to tweak it.

I have been playing this NR combo mostly for the last two days. I've baited out removal before on my Trebuchets and then went all in on Poor Infantry. I've carried over 100+ infantrys before which is not fair when foltests copies the adranline rish effect. Meaning for 1 adrenaline rush, I got 3 adrenaline rush effects. This is definitely over the top for me, and this is based off me playing the deck.

I don't think it needs any other nerfs for now. Most of the time when people play out the whole first round, I can't combo efficiently. I'm either afraid of scorch or even dimeritium bomb to go all in, which results in a poor board a lot of the time.

I think people need to prepare for how Foltest plays. I noticed I learned a lot about Foltest and counters when I played the poor infantry combo myself.

Cerys Queens Guard and the Crach An Craite combo is a bit of a poor mans Poor Infantry in my opinion, but much more reliant on luck of card drawing. As long as you can play 1 Queens Guard, all of them return from the graveyard, and each one buffs Cerys. She starts on 8. I had her on 19 in a match. But I think those are more of a poormans Skellige version of the Foltest Poor Infantry.

As you say, nerfing it yet might be drastic, atleast until people learn the ropes and understand how counters work and such. If it keeps going strong! I guess they have to nerf Poor Infantry - Foltest combo. As you say, the carry over stacking is probably the real issue.

This type of strategy self balances for two reasons:

1) The player has to overcommit using a specific set of drawn special cards to create units that are highly buffed, resilient, foltest'd and promoted. This combo typically occurs after you have passed round 1. This leaves them almost out of cards for round two, and no way to counter you. So all you do is put your best power on the board and hope its enough. If you beat them in round 2, they typically just forfeit :D

2) The reason they forfeit is because adrenaline rush is only one round anyway. So this power only can last for two rounds, meaning you can easily pull off a win in round 3 when his buffed/promoted cards disappeared.

You also have to be aware that buff promote decks are heavy with special cards. So they don't have much flexibility. And even if you successfully promote, monster breedable decks can also get to some crazy scores (1000+).

This type of strategy self balances for two reasons:

1) The player has to overcommit using a specific set of drawn special cards to create units that are highly buffed, resilient, foltest'd and promoted. This combo typically occurs after you have passed round 1. This leaves them almost out of cards for round two, and no way to counter you. So all you do is put your best power on the board and hope its enough. If you beat them in round 2, they typically just forfeit :D

2) The reason they forfeit is because adrenaline rush is only one round anyway. So this power only can last for two rounds, meaning you can easily pull off a win in round 3 when his buffed/promoted cards disappeared.

Firstly I agree with everything you said. My issue is with the games that my opponent does play round one until near the end but then passes with 2-3 cards. If I still have adrenaline rush and a buff card, that is normally enough to win round 2. I've won round 2 with around 40 strength a few times just because the opponent still had to commit in round 1.

I feel like there were quite a few games where my opponent played round 1 to the best of their ability but since foltest could copy adrenaline rush affect I was able to get the win in round 2.

You also have to be aware that buff promote decks are heavy with special cards. So they don't have much flexibility. And even if you successfully promote, monster breedable decks can also get to some crazy scores (1000+).

Still a little hard to do with 2 Trebuchets hitting for 4 damage every two turns. I also try to keep Jackdaws and philipa for my round 2 play. I unfortunate don't have Igini at the moment but that would be in there lol.

You are right though, Ive had one game where it was foltest vs foglet combo and it was one hell of a cool game. Combo round one followed by another combo round 2. I remember losing round 3 but cant remember to what.

Top Bottom