Quit hating and embrace the bears!!!!!

+
Quit hating and embrace the bears!!!!!

Im about to drop a bit of honesty on yall. This game like all card games function like this. A patch is dropped and a deck build becomes top tear. Good players then build that deck and own for a bit. The next patch drops and a new OP deck begins to take form. The quicker you mill your old nerfed deck and build the new winning the deck the better off you will be. The trick is waiting until the best deck is discovered. Card games are band wagon game. Jump on ladies and gentlemen. NG players, your stoic stand and loyalty is noted. Mill that junk and build a SK deck. Over 60% of player have gone down this road and its a smooth easy ride. When the next patch drops mill and start again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Firstly, I don't get where hats fit in it all. Secondly, I would hope they aim a little higher, naive, maybe. But honestly, if that is the future of gwent, I'd rather cut off my dick with a rusty bread knife and throw it in a blender. Well, that or just play something else. True the video game market is small and barely any options out there...

StrykerxS77x;n9029330 said:
Milling non extra cards is a terrible idea.

If you play cheep or dont pay at all its the only way to be competitive. This is off topic tho. Give the bears some love. Shield maidens... hell yah, and Ax-men... Go'ram them there boys is good!

Tried to embace the bear, but something went terribly wrong!

As a fresh user, I chose Skellige because I love graveyard Shenanigans and the Queens Guard really appealed to me. Didn't realize at the time how much hate this faction would get. Maybe making the Bears disloyal would help?

Bladesmith88 I don't think hate is justified SK is not that strong, it need few things tweaked here and there but over all I think its fine. That would ruin bears lol no.

Bear needs to stay as is just -1 or 2 str and fixing when bear attacks, for example bear hits from grave and shenanigans like that. Weather is another reason why they are so powerful.
We need tweaks not huge nerfs like one you propose.

lomvicmarko;n9030010 said:
Bladesmith88 I don't think hate is justified SK is not that strong, it need few things tweaked here and there but over all I think its fine. That would ruin bears lol no.

Bear needs to stay as is just -1 or 2 str and fixing when bear attacks, for example bear hits from grave and shenanigans like that. Weather is another reason why they are so powerful.
We need tweaks not huge nerfs like one you propose.

Agreed, I feel the problem with SK is not so much in the bears, it's more about Morkvarg and Hjalmer. How easy it is to keep buffing Mork, how easy it is to activate Hjalmer plus everyone using renew its like 50 good strength over 2 rounds. Sure you can do some stuff to Mork but it's not hard to unlock him, decoy, res him back.

Then of course you have the shielmaidens, which are just way too good right now. 5 strength in the third for 3 units plus another if operator was used, in addition to the damage they do. Too good for a bronze.

Frost and axemen, or white frost plus aeromancy to get it back. Yeah the damage creeps up very quickly but there are a million ways to deal with axeman

That is not how most ccg metas function. A healthy meta is very attainable and realistic - CDPR is still learning how to patch their game. It takes a lot of experience and a bit of luck to nail a fun meta - both of which they did not have this time around. With time they will improve.

Firekangaroo;n9030050 said:
Are you really saying that a card game where every single players uses the exact same deck is enjoyable?

Do you enjoy chess. Same units and it has stud the test of time. If we are all playing the same cards its becomes a game of skill.

I say play what you like. Ive never played flavor of the month. I like nilfgaard and scotael so that is all i play. I think any faction can be beat if you play right. You know what skellig will do so minimize their plays.

ConradBones1;n9030240 said:
Do you enjoy chess. Same units and it has stud the test of time. If we are all playing the same cards its becomes a game of skill.

Except that's exactly NOT the appeal that Gwent has. It removes the "collectible" from collectible card game. You might as well be playing War with a standard deck of playing cards. You could just as easily make the argument that everyone using the same cards makes it a game of luck.

I still like the idea of making the bear a disloyal unit. There would have to be a power reduction of course (3 or 4 power maybe), but I think the flavor of throwing a wild bear into your enemies ranks to attack them is too hilarious. It would also prevent the bear from being rezzed for abuse. It would be stronger vs Weather but weaker vs consume. Just a thought I guess.

Disloyal bear would be the worst card in the game. at 1 strength, you would need it to hit 10/11 units to get bronze value.

Top Bottom